Start stop not ready.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
So my start stop has said not ready battery charging for about a week now. I drive roughly two hrs a day. One would think that it would be charged by now. I’ll be taking it in soon and will post up the findings here. It’s sitting at 14 volts constantly. My guess is the auxiliary battery is to blame… or the cold weather is causing the def heater to run a lot ?? Idk we will see
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A number of Jeep owners have had bad batteries.
Mine says that a lot in cooler weather but we've not reached that point yet here, oddly enough.
When is says ESS not ready, battery charging" it can take over an hour driving before it starts working.
Charging voltage is different from battery status........... I'd have it diagnosed. We've seen more than one person with both batteries ending up dead after a while. Good to check it out.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had that issue with my JL and now also with my JT for the JL they replaced the batteries and I was good. I have an appointment for this in two weeks with the dealer been going on for over two months and charging the battery does not fix it

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
FYI it may not be the battery. I had the same issue and battery was fine, a tech diagnosed the issue as a calibration problem that resulted in ess not being able to measure the auxiliary battery charge. The tech performed a calibration reset that allowed the ess to recognize that the auxiliary battery was charged. The calibration fixed the issue and it has worked since then.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
FYI it may not be the battery. I had the same issue and battery was fine, a tech diagnosed the issue as a calibration problem that resulted in ess not being able to measure the auxiliary battery charge. The tech performed a calibration reset that allowed the ess to recognize that the auxiliary battery was charged. The calibration fixed the issue and it has worked since then.
Yeah, there's another point - and that's one reason to let the dealer "diagnose" - you're right, could be the sensor or some other piece of the system. If it's the battery, it can leave you stuck, if it's not, it's still a simple fix that should be done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
I’ll be calling tomorrow to get it back in to check out.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
If you happen to look, I'm guessing you have an "Early" MY21 JT. about late 3rd QT 2021 Mopar finally found a reliable battery for all the different AUX battery implications. Its been in all the new vehicles since and has been used to replace all if found bad.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Honestly I’m super happy when my start stop doesn’t work. Lol

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
Honestly I’m super happy when my start stop doesn’t work. Lol
I shut it off every time get in however I like things to be in operational condition.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I shut it off every time get in however I like things to be in operational condition.
I have a tazer so I can shut mine off but I’m with you… I like keeping things working too… good luck sir

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Had this issue in my 2020. Ended up needing both batteries replaced in a vehicle just at a year old at the time. Batteriy life has probably been the biggest issue in both my JK and now JT. My JK needed 2 new batteries in a 3 year period and now my JT is on track to match that.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
I too am experiencing a start/stop system failure. Check engine light came on, service department said batteries were good but code indicated egr sensor. Part has been on order for over two weeks, might be held up in that new FedEx Deep Gully Distribution Center.

I also would rather everything be operating as it should, however I've enjoyed not having to bother with switching the system off every time I head out.

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
Appointment made for tomorrow. We will see

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
My battery was dead this morning and after I jumped it and drove around for an hour or so, it said Start/Stop Not Ready for most of the drive. Then I got some gas, the JT started up just fine, but now it says Start/Stop failure and needs to be serviced. Like others have mentioned, free Start/Stop kill, which I think I'll enjoy, but I'll probably have it looked at to be sure.
Sponsored