Start stop not working

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
My start stop has stopped working. Message says not ready battery charging. no other warning lights. This has been going on for a few weeks. Does this signify a battery problem?

Advertisement

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My start stop has stopped working. Message says not ready battery charging. no other warning lights. This has been going on for a few weeks. Does this signify a battery problem?
Yes, indicates a failing ESS battery. Have both batteries tested. If it goes on long enough, the main battery can degrade due to the additional load of the failing battery.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I should say it usually indicates a failing battery. Some have reported the problem as being an issue with the charging sensor attached to the main battery. The truck is equipped with a 'smart' charging system that gives priority to the main battery.

Louie4

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 1993 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Injanir
I had this issue last fall and didn’t even think about it until last December. I took it to the dealer and both batteries were bad. But I live in Phoenix where batteries die every couple years.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM
Had this issue with my JL. They replaced the ESS battery and it didn't fix it. I got stuck at a major intersection when I failed to turn off ESS and it wouldn't start. Ugh. Got some dingers yelled at me. "You dick!" and "That's what you get for buying a Jeep!"

It turned out to be a bad relay and they replaced the fuse box.

OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Appointment set for the shop next Wednesday. Not an emergency so I told them no hurry. Shop manager said definitely a problem that they have seen several times. He said they have been replacing the batteries and doing a computer flash per FC guidance.

Advertisement

Advertisement