Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
UPDATE POST #4

I haven’t even had the time to collect my thoughts but I want to put this out there while it is all fresh and raw.

Criswell Jeep of Thurmont has terrible business practices.

I have been in talks with one of the most incompetent salesman I have ever had the displeasure of talking to named Erik on the lease of a new gladiator. I have had to go out of my way to text, email and call because I couldn’t get any information that I needed to make a deal. I got so fed up with it that I called and asked for anyone higher up to talk to. I reached a very helpful gentleman named Randy that told me the answers to all my questions and he was the lone bright spot at this dealership.

I am 3 hours away so I wanted to coordinate the entire deal via email and phone and have my shiny new toy delivered to my driveway. Randy said “that’s no problem at all”.

Today at noon, I called and gave my final offer for the price of the Jeep. I was given a call back ten minutes later and “Congratulation! We can sell you the truck for that price”. They asked me to fill out the credit application, send in my insurance card and drivers ID and I did all of that. I was super excited to have the deal I wanted and one my terms and it was going to be delivered. I told them to email me the final contract so I could see the numbers with my eyes before I went any further just to make sure nothing got inflated somewhere.

I got no response for hours. I texted “hey, can I get the numbers yet?” I receive a text back, I’m at the mercy for my business manager and no ones available. This was 5 hours after we agreed to the numbers. I said “if I was sitting in the dealership, would I be waiting 5 hours? Can I have some priority?” No response.

Now it is almost 7pm, and I just got a call. “Hey man, your Jeep is being sold right now, we have 2 others, wanna look at those?” I said “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?!? It is sold, it’s sold to me”. He says “we were working numbers with someone else and they drove 4 hours to get it, sorry, we don’t “hold” cars for anyone”. I wasn’t asking anyone to hold anything. I agree to a price on a vehicle, I send in the credit app, I send you all my documents you ask for, how the hell isn't this a solid deal? I called the manager and all she kept repeating is “company policy is we can’t hold vehicles”.

What if the guy who drove 4 hours to get it, left his house and 5 minutes later someone walked in to buy it? When he arrives is he told tough luck? She said I had to be in the dealership with a signed contract for it to be sold. So it’s only sold once it’s delivered to my driveway and my ass is in it?

I’m sorry this is so long winded but I’m actually crushed by this. I used to sell jeeps years ago and this would have NEVER flown at my dealership. I worked a deal at 8% below invoice and I can’t get that again. They have 2 other ones and I honestly would take either of them but FU<K THEM!!! Bunch of A$$HOLES. They don’t deserve anyone’s business.

I barely even want a gladiator anymore. I got my hopes up so damn high and now... nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Even though 8% below invoice sounds too good to be true, their practice is absolutely shameful and everyone on here should be aware to stay away from this dealer. To the OP, I'm sorry this happened to you I would be beyond furious as well. I say we blow up this thread and afterwards send the link to this thread to the dealers. Also, write a google review and include the link in there as well.

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

I emailed the General manager of the dealership and asked he give me a call to talk about it. I told him every detail that I broke down in this thread. The GM was a super nice guy (kinda his job to smooth things over). We talked for a half hour an he maintained that the salesman are supposed to disclose that no vehicle is sold until contracts are signed. This salesman did not.

The GM offered me 2 other gladiators at a lower MSRP for a similar deal. I asked him if he was in my situation, would he buy another vehicle from the dealer? He said “honestly, if the salesman led me to believe I purchased that vehicle, then probably not”.

I don’t know what to do. Either I deal with them and I get my Jeep but I’m bitter inside or I wait to find another deal and who knows when that will be. The GM told me to think about it and give him a call tomorrow. He said if I were to move forward on another Jeep he would handle every aspect of the purchase (since I had it out with the sales manager).

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If he's offering the same 8% below invoice I would take it. If it's not close, there's a dealer in PA that does 5% below invoice some of the members bought from. Kate Morris from Courtesy Chrysler Jeep in Coatesville, PA

Here's the thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/5-under-invoice-in-pa.16058/
I inquired with Courtesy and they never returned my email so I just wrote them off. I’m offered 8.5% under invoice now on the same exact gladiator. Same color and all of the same options except no premium alpine and the auxiliary switch group.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re getting an offer at 8% below invoice, especially for a vehicle that’s on the lot (not an order), you need to take that deal no matter what. That is the lowest that anyone on this entire site has ever seen, much less accomplished on a deal.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I inquired with Courtesy and they never returned my email so I just wrote them off. I’m offered 8.5% under invoice now on the same exact gladiator. Same color and all of the same options except no premium alpine and the auxiliary switch group.
Who cares if they're bunch of slimes and liars at 8.5% under invoice I would sprint to the dealer in the morning, buy it, and run the hell out of there. You're sure you're getting under invoice, not MSRP right?

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Sorry for your trouble but what do you expect? You want to do this whole thing from behind a keyboard. I don't blame you but think about it from their perspective. People flake out on "deals" all the time. I don't blame them for not holding the truck without some cold hard cash and a signature in their hands. Just look at the the LEs sitting on dealer lots from people who ordered them and then backed out.

I have no firsthand experience but Criswell is known to be a high volume discount dealer. They don't have that reputation for letting Jeeps sit around...

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who cares if they're bunch of slimes and liars at 8.5% under invoice I would sprint to the dealer in the morning, buy it, and run the hell out of there. You're sure you're getting under invoice, not MSRP right?
Lol yes sir. I used to sell Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep. It’s 8.5% under invoice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for your trouble but what do you expect? You want to do this whole thing from behind a keyboard. I don't blame you but think about it from their perspective. People flake out on "deals" all the time. I don't blame them for not holding the truck without some cold hard cash and a signature in their hands. Just look at the the LEs sitting on dealer lots from people who ordered them and then backed out.

I have no firsthand experience but Criswell is known to be a high volume discount dealer. They don't have that reputation for letting Jeeps sit around...

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...
The difference is I was trying to buy it the entire afternoon. I offered to send them the drive off payment right then and there on the phone. I’m a truck driver so I can’t just go there and I understand that. I was trying to complete the deal ASAP so it would be mine, no question. If you agree to a price, and I try to pay you, it should be sold

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yes sir. I used to sell Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep. It’s 8.5% under invoice.
If you're okay without alpine and aux switches, 8.5% below invoice is indeed the best price anyone got on their gladiator

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're okay without alpine and aux switches, 8.5% below invoice is indeed the best price anyone got on their gladiator
I pretty much only listen to sports talk radio so the alpine wouldn’t do me much good lol. I just emailed him and said I’ll take it... we’ll see if I actually get this one

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pretty much only listen to sports talk radio so the alpine wouldn’t do me much good lol. I just emailed him and said I’ll take it... we’ll see if I actually get this one
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.