Sponsored

Steel front bumper and clear bra adherence?

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Is the steel front bumper painted smooth or is there a coating on it that would prevent installation of 3M or Expel clear bra? Is it painted with something (or plastic covering) that prevents rock chips? Was told by dealer that it's not worth doing and the clear bra wouldn't stick to it properly?

Truck is on order b
Sponsored

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify...you want to put a protective film like clear bra on the Mopar Steel Winch ready bumper? Hmm...

OP
OP
Hostile4Jeeps

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Just to clarify...you want to put a protective film like clear bra on the Mopar Steel Winch ready bumper? Hmm...
Yeah, it sits front and center so I’m sure it would catch all sorts of rocks… question is, is it already coated with special paint or is it plastic? I ordered my truck and it’s not here so I can’t look at it to tell.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Is the steel front bumper painoothted sm or is there a coating on it that would prevent installation of 3M or Expel clear bra? Is it painted with something (or plastic covering) that prevents rock chips? Was told by dealer that it's not worth doing and the clear bra wouldn't stick to it properly?

Truck is on order b
it is powder coated black and has a roughish texture, not smooth. you could always have it re coated
Sponsored