First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Haven’t seen any Mojaves with one of these installed yet. I unfortunately, may have drawn the short straw on this one, it put up a pretty good fight during the install. The directions do mention that you have to cut the coil bucket tab to clear the bracket, which was easy enough.

Unfortunately once I got it slid in place the right portion of the bracket was making a ton of contact with that reinforcement tab, inside the coil bucket. I ended up having to remove/grind about 1/8” of material off the bracket to get it to fit.

I also ended up having to reuse one of the OEM steering box bolts as one of the provided bolts in the kit had some pretty goobered up threads. I’ll contact Steer Smarts and see about getting a replacement for that.

Jeep Gladiator Steer Smarts sector shaft brace Mojave install 054A6725-1E6E-40DC-97CD-8DA6C918D1EE

The rest of the install was easy once the bracket fit. Curious if anyone else has had similar fitment issues, or did I just get a bracket made on a Friday afternoon?
Jeep Gladiator Steer Smarts sector shaft brace Mojave install F253712D-C06A-4293-A753-58BC099E234C
Jeep Gladiator Steer Smarts sector shaft brace Mojave install 2C1AA84F-7760-4F1B-9559-FE7A93C64DCA
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alanscott_1

Alanscott_1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
How does it drive now?
I installed it mostly as a preventative measure, so I wasn’t expecting much. With that said the on center steering slop has been tightened up noticeably.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
I had to remove the whole tab on my diesel overland to install the synergy version. It wasn’t bad with the coil out of the way.

this appears to be a better option than the synergy if you have that tab on your frame

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Haven’t seen any Mojaves with one of these installed yet. I unfortunately, may have drawn the short straw on this one, it put up a pretty good fight during the install. The directions do mention that you have to cut the coil bucket tab to clear the bracket, which was easy enough.

Unfortunately once I got it slid in place the right portion of the bracket was making a ton of contact with that reinforcement tab, inside the coil bucket. I ended up having to remove/grind about 1/8” of material off the bracket to get it to fit.

I also ended up having to reuse one of the OEM steering box bolts as one of the provided bolts in the kit had some pretty goobered up threads. I’ll contact Steer Smarts and see about getting a replacement for that.

Jeep Gladiator Steer Smarts sector shaft brace Mojave install 2C1AA84F-7760-4F1B-9559-FE7A93C64DCA

The rest of the install was easy once the bracket fit. Curious if anyone else has had similar fitment issues, or did I just get a bracket made on a Friday afternoon?
Hey I know this is an old thread, but do you have any pictures closer up of where/how much you had to grind off? Wanting to add this to my Mojave.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
First pic, right side bolts for the steering box, just to the left is a tab welded to the bracket. That needs all of it cut off if using the synergy kit.
Sponsored