Sponsored

Steering wheel vibration and rumble with loud stereo

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Has anyone experienced this in their JT past volume level 18 where you feel like the steering wheel vibrates and you hear a general rumble because of the bass and I had to turn the stereo off a couple of times to see if I was on the shoulder or it was road noise?

I understand I have felt such rumbling and certain thumping in other cars but never as a steering wheel response feeling...
Sponsored

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
You are not alone! I've noticed it as well.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have noticed it as well. Just one of those things I think we have to get used to. It's because the dash is so compact and has 4 speakers (I think) in it. The sound waves are basically right there with the steering column components, so the low frequency vibrations travel up the steering column. At least that's my theory. I'm sure similarly equipped wranglers have it too.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
I was driving to Toledo a week and a half ago and noticed it. Hardtop Rubi if it matters. Also was listening to The Offspring if that matters too. :rock:

Sponsored

1STJ100

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
TV Director
Yep. Thought I had a problem when I drove off the lot. Well documented "issue". You'll get used to it as it's a Jeep thing.

Highlands

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
self-employed
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland has a slight (but annoying) vibration in the steering wheel. I drove it for the first time today and began feeling a subtle vibration between 50-60mph. What's strange, the vibration will actually go away for 1-2 seconds, then comes back... but it's consistent. Has anyone heard of this, and more importantly, know of a way to fix it?

Gladrubi20

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yup... you're not imagining it, I have sound induced vibrations in my JTR that go to the speech or beat of the music even sometimes. 8.4" sound system with subwoofer. Best sounding OEM sound I've ever had, I have 5 cars including a showroom condition Camaro and drive the JTR on trips sometimes just for the music!

Highlands

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
self-employed
The vibration in the steering wheel of my 2021 Gladiator occurs without the radio on.
Has anyone heard if Jeep is addressing a fix regarding this issue?
Sponsored