Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
My sales guy gave me an update on my JTR shipping, and this is what he said:

"While I was away apparently there was an attempt to breach the tracking site so Stellantis shut it down and has been unresponsive for about 10 days now. So my last update is it is in transit but only the train and the Gladiator know where and when it will get here haha. Soon...hopefully."

At least he has a sense of humor. Who the hell would want to hack the Stellantis web site? At least my jeep is in transit somewhere between Toledo and Albuquerque.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A true hack, or is the sales guy guessing.
Who told the sales guy it was hacked?
Hack doesn't mean data breach - so I'd love to know if it REALLY was an intrusion, or cyber attack instead of just a systems failure (which happens) which was it, a hack, or a hack with data breach.

There are no indications from reliable sources anything has happened to that degree.
Toyota was hacked recently - and a Toyota supplier being victim of a cyber attack did shut down some Japanese Toyota production.

Nothing about Jeep, FCA or Stellantis.

From what I hear, it wasn't actually FCA or Stellantis that was having problems, it was the logistics company they contract with.
Likely a sales person who can only use but not understand a computer is saying "it was hacked" because it's not available.
That's my take until some reliable security company says otherwise, and so far, there's not a peep and yet there's news out there about Toyota.........

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hack doesn't mean data breach - so I'd love to know if it REALLY was an intrusion, or cyber attack instead of just a systems failure (which happens) which was it, a hack, or a hack with data breach.

There are no indications from reliable sources anything has happened to that degree.
Toyota was hacked recently - and a Toyota supplier being victim of a cyber attack did shut down some Japanese Toyota production.

From what I hear, it wasn't actually FCA or Stellantis that was having problems, it was the logistics company they contract with.
Likely a sales person who can only use but not understand a computer is saying "it was hacked" because it's not available.
That's my take until some reliable security company says otherwise, and so far, there's not a peep and yet there's news out there about Toyota.........
Yeah i

Iā€™m not buying that either, and I wouldnā€™t think it would take 10 days to get it resolved if it were the case

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Yeah i

Iā€™m not buying that either, and I wouldnā€™t think it would take 10 days to get it resolved if it were the case
To: All U.S. Dealers

Please be advised that our OBT provider that consolidates all the NA in-transit and shipping details experienced a cyber-attack at the end of last week. Dealers should expect to see issues with DealerConnect specific to vehicle deliver ETAs, as well as track & trace capabilities for the remainder of this week. Vehicle shipping will not be impacted, and operations will continue as normal.

Updates will be provided as the situation improves.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To: All U.S. Dealers

Please be advised that our OBT provider that consolidates all the NA in-transit and shipping details experienced a cyber-attack at the end of last week. Dealers should expect to see issues with DealerConnect specific to vehicle deliver ETAs, as well as track & trace capabilities for the remainder of this week. Vehicle shipping will not be impacted, and operations will continue as normal.

Updates will be provided as the situation improves.
My buddy thatā€™s a salesman looked up my status yesterday and he said nothing about it

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah i

Data breaches must be reported if they meet certain criteria. I doubt a "breach".

An attack I can see, but really? All this time? Any business like those that deal with FCA should have redundancy plans.
To not recover from a cyber attack in a couple of days - FCA needs to have a chat with that partner. Someone in IT needs to be talked to.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t ask that, just for the status, but JeepWave gave me April 29th from their systems same day

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is the 27th, the "issue" was logged on the 14th........................
"an issue".

April 14, 2022 5:24 PM
Application Issue :DealerCONNECT>Sales>Orders & Inventory> VOIM> VIN Track
Markets affected: US,Canada,Mexico,International
Please be advised that an issue has been identified with the VOIM Vin Track application. The support teams are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. Please check this site again as updates will be posted as soon as they become available.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"an issue".

Please be advised that an issue has been identified with the VOIM Vin Track application. The support teams are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. Please check this site again as updates will be posted as soon as they become available.
Yeah I can remember calling them over the weekend and they just said their systems were down and would be up running on Monday.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
"an issue".

Good hell.. here, here is the screenshot. I don't know what is so hard to believe.

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis website down for 10 days B598C620-D6AD-45F3-A0F9-6C19A41D5EFE

Last edited:

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good hell.. here, here is the screenshot. I don't know what is so had to believe.

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis website down for 10 days B598C620-D6AD-45F3-A0F9-6C19A41D5EFE
I dunno bud, yesterday I got status with no problem
Sponsored