Sponsored

Stereo upgrade - high level speaker input usage

Lscardsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Ram
I am upgrading all my speakers and adding a sub with 5 channel amplifier. I am going to try first to tap into factory speaker wires and send high level inputs into amp. I have a jbl stadium 5 amp and it says it has a function to trick the factory head unit to send a signal without LOC or resistors. It also will auto sense signal for remote turn on. My question is I would need to tap into the soundbar (rear) speaker wires twice for signal to new soundbar speakers and the sub. Does that cause an issue by tapping twice or splitting factory signal? If not I plan to run a Metra harness out of soundbar speaker wire connection and split it into two to feed rear and subwoofer amp inputs.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I am upgrading all my speakers and adding a sub with 5 channel amplifier. I am going to try first to tap into factory speaker wires and send high level inputs into amp. I have a jbl stadium 5 amp and it says it has a function to trick the factory head unit to send a signal without LOC or resistors. It also will auto sense signal for remote turn on. My question is I would need to tap into the soundbar (rear) speaker wires twice for signal to new soundbar speakers and the sub. Does that cause an issue by tapping twice or splitting factory signal? If not I plan to run a Metra harness out of soundbar speaker wire connection and split it into two to feed rear and subwoofer amp inputs.
Your amp should have a switch to select where to get your sub signal. At least my Alpine 5-channel does...

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Your amp should have a switch to select where to get your sub signal. At least my Alpine 5-channel does...
Here is the switch on your amp (from the instructions, via Crutchfield). When selecting “internal”, it should create its own sub frequency signal from your speaker level input.

901D2B36-EB2A-467B-A2BE-3BE838030491.png

OP
OP

Lscardsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Ram
Here is the switch on your amp (from the instructions, via Crutchfield). When selecting “internal”, it should create its own sub frequency signal from your speaker level input.

Jeep Gladiator Stereo upgrade - high level speaker input usage 901D2B36-EB2A-467B-A2BE-3BE838030491
Totally overlooked that! So in a nutshell, no sub input wires are necessary because the amp will put input signal from front/rear inputs! Appreciate the research and help!
Sponsored