Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. I hope everyone is staying safe.
Is any one aware of Springs(coils) that can handle more weight than the factory setup with out the discernible sag in the back. A couple manufacturers said their working on heavy duty springs, but none at market already.
Sponsored

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Hello all. I hope everyone is staying safe.
Is any one aware of Springs(coils) that can handle more weight than the factory setup with out the discernible sag in the back. A couple manufacturers said their working on heavy duty springs, but none at market already.
Looking for the same. Hopefully AEV will have a good 2.5" kit soon. We are about 400lb static for DD and another 450lb when loaded for an Overland trip.

Hopefully you get some feedback.

Our rig

1219191520a.jpg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Following. From what I understand the Max Tow has progressive springs that are stiffer and better for overlanding. In general, the Max Tow has about a 400lb greater payload and 650lb greater towing due to it's rear suspension, compared to the Rubicon. Some say the Rubicon has less payload and towing due to the added weight, but how much weight can lockers, disconnecting sway bar module, and the 95lb rock rails really add? Are lockers and sway bar disconnect module really 200-300lbs?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Don't forget the heaver wheels and tires...

Sponsored

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Following. From what I understand the Max Tow has progressive springs that are stiffer and better for overlanding. In general, the Max Tow has about a 400lb greater payload and 650lb greater towing due to it's rear suspension, compared to the Rubicon. Some say the Rubicon has less payload and towing due to the added weight, but how much weight can lockers, disconnecting sway bar module, and the 95lb rock rails really add? Are lockers and sway bar disconnect module really 200-300lbs?
Would love to get a hold of a set of "Max Tow" springs. Weight differences is more than just lockers & sway disconnect. Wiring harness is more extensive and additional sound deadening plus radio package with USB/115v inverter. It is pretty surprising the added items that are on the Overland/Sahara and Rubicon models

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Are you just looking for factory height HD springs?
Do yall offer 1.75" lift HD rear springs for the JT's? That would level, and slightly give a bit more rear rake to my JTR with the EVO 2.5" front springs. If yall do, or can do, I will cancel my order with Northridge, and order some Clayton rear springs, since JKS still has not shipped my 1.5" rear springs in almost a month...

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do yall offer 1.75" lift HD rear springs for the JT's? That would level, and slightly give a bit more rear rake to my JTR with the EVO 2.5" front springs. If yall do, or can do, I will cancel my order with Northridge, and order some Clayton rear springs, since JKS still has not shipped my 1.5" rear springs in almost a month...
Unfortunately not yet! We are considering working on smaller lifts, but nothing at the moment. Sorry man wish I could help.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Still hoping OME will produce a lift for the JT before I get ready to put one on mine but Im not sure if they ever will. I loved what they could do for my Tacoma and FJ.

Sponsored

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still hoping OME will produce a lift for the JT before I get ready to put one on mine but Im not sure if they ever will. I loved what they could do for my Tacoma and FJ.
That may happen before AEV, Dave has been slow releasing JL products. FCA just started selling JL Rubicons in Australia. OME products won't be long.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No. I'm looking for a lift 2.5-3.5 inches. Currently I have a puck lift 2.5" front and 1" in rear. I'm also using Airlift in the rear coils.
Here are the spring rates/specs for our rear JT Coil Springs on our 2.5" Overland Plus kit. We've had a lot of great feedback on our springs ability to hold up to a lot of extra equipment and weight while still maintaining excellent ride quality.
  • Triple Rate
  • Free Length = 21.500" +/-.25
  • Spring Rate 1 = 159 lbs/in
  • Spring Rate 2 = 280 lbs/in
  • Spring Rate 3 = 360 lbs/in
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-25-overland-plus-lift-kit-2020-jt

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@Clayton Off Road

I currently have a Rubicon with Mopar Lift. The Mopar lift is not handling the extra weight from my tent and gear very well at all!

Would you suggest I replace the shocks or add your rear springs? I’m kicking myself for not going with your kit to begin with. But have a limited budget.

Last edited:

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I currently have a Rubicon with Mopar Lift. The Mopar lift is not handling the extra weight from my tent and gear very well at all!

Would you suggest I replace the shocks or add your rear springs? I’m kicking myself for not going with your kit to begin with. But have a limited budget.

Ditto. I would be very intersted to hear your suggestions for this issue.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The first place to start would be to see how much lift you guys are actually getting out of the Mopar lift, especially in the front. If you went with our 2.5" Triple Rate rear coils on a Rubicon, you would see around 3" of lift in the rear with no additional weight or equipment added. We use a much higher spring rate than the Mopar kit coils have, so they definitely can handle extra weight a lot better, but we would have to make sure you guys are putting the right size spring in the rear so we keep some of that positive rake in order to help with the load capacity!
Sponsored

Last edited: