Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
This is the 79th jeep I have owned. "Jeep" as in- removable top, we're not talking about Cherokees or wagoneers here. My wife and I attended the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion in late August, and after looking at so many Gladiators, I was pretty sure we needed one. She was between vehicles at the time as we had recently sold her Cherokee Trailhawk to my son, and the Chevy Blazer she wanted just wasnt available. So, once we got back from that vacation, we owned this within 2 weeks.

Its a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow. I feel like we got a decent deal on it with no trade in. Stickered at $44560 and out the door was $41996. By the time it had 600 miles on it, it had 35-12.50 tires (yes they fit on stock rims and do not rub in normal street driving). By the time we had 700 miles on it, I had installed a FabTech 3" sport lift kit. It looks really good, and still drives great. I do have the Rough Country Geometry Correction Brackets to install this weekend to get the control arms more back to their natural "level" position and put some caster back in it. It doesnt drive bad now without them.....
I have a Diamondback bed cover on its way for it, as well as a custom decal set in Orange, so it will look somewhat like a Mojave once we have those on.

My wife installed an Orange trim overlay kit on the interior, and I bolted on some Hooke nerf bars. Its coming along very nicely.

Plans are to pull a small overlanding trailer to Colorado next year and return to the Ouray area or perhaps Colorado Springs area for some mountain trail riding. We did most of the trails around Ouray several years ago, but I need to go back...

35 tires 2.jpg

blank slate 2.jpg

interior trim.jpg

lift complete 2.jpg

nerf bars 1.jpg
Sponsored

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
79th? That's insane. I thought my having owned 5 was a lot. Congrats on the new addition.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Looking good, can't go wrong with the color, right there with ya. Off subject, how do you like that pto driven generator?

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
And my wife thought 7 was excessive...need to show her this thread...

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Congrats! But I must ask... your 79th Jeep? I'm 52 and haven't hit double digits on all vehicles unless you include my childhood TCR and Matchbox cars.

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Those dash overlays look awesome! Congrats on the new rig!

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Looking good, can't go wrong with the color, right there with ya. Off subject, how do you like that pto driven generator?
I recently purchased the pto generator thinking my diesel tractor would run more efficiently than my gas generator, and, the pto is a 15kw vs my gas at 8.5kw. I'm getting ready to install some different and one new receptacles on it, one for my welder so I can run it anywhere on the farm. Got me some projects! I used the gas generator once for 7 days straight back in 2012 when we had a bad ice storm. I start it and run it every 6 months or so and keep Stabil in the tank, but no worries with how long the pto unit sets, it'll be ready to go if the tractor is....

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
My first Jeep was a 1981 that I got in 1984. CJ7. A few vehicles later I had a 81 Scrambler. Got married in 1990 and bought my first Willys for $750. Since then, I've bought, fixed up or corrected, and sold many different jeeps. I typically buy them with a problem, most notably steering and handling issues like death wobble, fix them, clean them up, and sell them. People who lift them incorrectly, do spring-over conversions, etc, have made me a lot of money over the years. Wish I had a big building with all 79 of them in it!

I was Maintenance Supervisor and later Engineering Manager for a large DANA facility in Cuba, Mo for 15 years. Grew up working around heavy equipment in my dads rock quarry. I'm pretty decent with most vehicle systems, but of course the newer ones have long since passed my ability to handle the electrical and computer systems. Steering and suspension hasnt changed.

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
I recently purchased the pto generator thinking my diesel tractor would run more efficiently than my gas generator, and, the pto is a 15kw vs my gas at 8.5kw. I'm getting ready to install some different and one new receptacles on it, one for my welder so I can run it anywhere on the farm. Got me some projects! I used the gas generator once for 7 days straight back in 2012 when we had a bad ice storm. I start it and run it every 6 months or so and keep Stabil in the tank, but no worries with how long the pto unit sets, it'll be ready to go if the tractor is....
Here too, we have a few 5 and 8kw units for the barns and wells for when the power is out or way out and have a job that requires a real power tool. Have a 17.5kw portable Generac for the larger jobs but that thing is thirsty, so a diesel alternative would be great. Was at a local antique engine and tractor show a while back and saw an old Farmall M that had a right angle gearbox in place of the belt pulley spinning and 3ph generator, was a nice all factory set-up. Good luck with all those projects.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Its really close, but a shade or two lighter. Painted it before we got the Gladiator. Its a dark Ford Grey from Orscheln-just single stage.

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Our Diamondback bed cover came in for the Gladiator. Pretty easy install for the wife and I. About an hour with pizza breaks in between.

topper 1.jpg

topper 2.jpg

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Very nice...those are the same nerf bars I am waiting to order...currently out of stock.
I love my Sting Gray as well.

OP
OP

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Installed the Rough Country Geometry Correction Brackets over the weekend. Wife says it drives better than before. Not sure I can tell a difference.

RC Geom Brackets.jpg
Sponsored