Sponsored

Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
There was some discussion in the Insane Audio thread; hopefully @JAY or one of the other mods can move the posts into this thread. I'll include the quotes below and hopefully @Mike - Stinger Off-Road becomes a site sponsor and offers a forum discount!

The Heigh10 infotainment system is now available as part of a Jeep Gladiator kit with all the needed integration components to ensure you won't lose ANY factory capabilities. In addition, all digital controls such as HVAC can be controlled directly from the screen or factory buttons. You won't even lose your steering wheel controls and can reprogram what the steering wheel buttons do if desired. In addition to all factory settings, you will add off-road features such as transmission or coolant temp gauges, pitch & roll gauges, and battery voltage which can all be overlayed on one of 4 camera views available on the 10" HD screen. The Stinger screen will read and display open or disconnected doors and give you a visual guide to drivetrain information including your steering angle while descending an obstacle off-road. All for less than the factory radio upgrades available.
Check it out on the Stinger Off-Road website:
https://stingeroffroad.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-radio-upgrade
Good to know there's other options coming out for people to choose from.

What about control for the factory aux switches, and automatic cold weather heated seats/wheel ?
Thats nice
You will retain your factory aux switched and heated seat controls as well as full HD for cameras, steering wheel controls, USB ports, and more. Along with flush-mountable USB ports and a HDMI port, this will also have a digital fiber optic output that's DSP-ready, a 15-band equalizer with visual display, and 6CH output with subwoofer.
This is definitely interesting. Do you have any videos of the unit in action?
Hey Kalem,
We will be releasing some videos over the next 2 weeks to highlight all of the features. Subscribe to our YouTube channel if you want to follow along, or I can let you know in here!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClkSp16D8elVGz09zx8moNg/videos
Just placed my order for the Heigh10. Guess I will get rid of this AP4-CH41 R.2 with optical sensor that I didn’t get to use and my 7 inch radio.
I'm excited to see pictures! Let us know what you think once it is installed.

OP
OP
GRAVLER

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
There was some discussion in the Insane Audio thread; hopefully @JAY or one of the other mods can move the posts into this thread. I'll include the quotes below and hopefully @Mike - Stinger Off-Road becomes a site sponsor and offers a forum discount!
Nice! Thanks for the info. It looks like and interesting option instead of paying ~$1900 for the $8.4” package.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Nice! Thanks for the info. It looks like and interesting option instead of paying ~$1900 for the $8.4” package.
Definitely! Let me know if you have any questions. The Heigh10 will expand your factory features for less than the factory upgrade to the 8.4". If you need any help with installation, this is a good video to watch:

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Placed my order today after seeing Mikes post on the Insane Audio thread. So excited to get it, I’ve watched all the YouTube videos I can find on it :LOL:
@Mike - Stinger Off-Road. Do you have any recommendations on cameras work well with the Heigh10?

Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Placed my order today after seeing Mikes post on the Insane Audio thread. So excited to get it, I’ve watched all the YouTube videos I can find on it :LOL:
@Mike - Stinger Off-Road. Do you have any recommendations on cameras work well with the Heigh10?
Post pictures of the install!
Where are you looking to mount a camera? (backup camera, forward facing, side mount, under body, etc)

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Post pictures of the install!
Where are you looking to mount a camera? (backup camera, forward facing, side mount, under body, etc)
I will once I get it and get it installed. Forward and side mount cameras is what I am interested in.

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
Definitely! Let me know if you have any questions. The Heigh10 will expand your factory features for less than the factory upgrade to the 8.4". If you need any help with installation, this is a good video to watch:
Hi Mike,

It's said all over the place that it retains Apple/Android function, is it wireless or still wired?

Do you need extra hardware to make it wireless or would that be potentially a firmware update down the road?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Damn, four cameras!

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How much are these (radio and install kit) setting you guys back? Looks like a pretty solid option. Any sales out there?

Also, kind of a random question, but are these types of aftermarket units compatible with FLIR cameras? Wayyyy down the road, I've had dreams of implementing FLIR. Maybe if I hit the lotto, or have it paid off for a couple of years with nothing else to mod. More curious than anything else.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
can you add extra cameras to it without having to go to the dealership to get something updated to allow it to work?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
How much are these (radio and install kit) setting you guys back? Looks like a pretty solid option. Any sales out there?

Also, kind of a random question, but are these types of aftermarket units compatible with FLIR cameras? Wayyyy down the road, I've had dreams of implementing FLIR. Maybe if I hit the lotto, or have it paid off for a couple of years with nothing else to mod. More curious than anything else.
can you add extra cameras to it without having to go to the dealership to get something updated to allow it to work?
Any standard camera can plug directly into the HEIGH10 via an RCA jack. I am not familiar with what connections are required for a FLIR camera, but thermal imaging would be awesome! Do you know if they use RCA ports by chance?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any standard camera can plug directly into the HEIGH10 via an RCA jack. I am not familiar with what connections are required for a FLIR camera, but thermal imaging would be awesome! Do you know if they use RCA ports by chance?
I've been wanting to install a forward-facing IR camera with head unit integration for years now. Maybe someday.

It looks like it uses a coax cable/BNC connector (I was looking at the FLIR PathFindIR II), however they do make BNC to RCA adapters. Hmm. I'd be very interested to see whether or not that would work! That'd be one hell of an add-on.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
So obviously it will work with the factory front and rear camera, but how many more cameras can we add past that will it support?
Also, will the additional cameras display in HD like the factory cameras. (Of course if I bought additional HD cameras)
Sponsored