Stock looking aftermarket steel REAR bumpers

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The rear bumper got hit on my Overland today. My Jeep is basically stock with bigger tires, rather than pay my deductible, make an insurance claim, and have a bad carfax, I’m thinking about aftermarket steel bumper options that have a stock looking appearance. It makes less sense if it’s much over $500.

I know there are rear bumper threads, but not many have been updated in a while as I know the aftermarket is starting to catch up on the gladiators.

On a related note, if anyone has a stock take off with back up sensor accommodations, in the NC area, I’m very interested. I don’t care if it’s from a sport, overland, or rubicon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Ok so further research says that a stock Rubicon steel rear bumper is right at $500. This seems like my best bet. I remember there being some differences with their side skid and all. What all would be involved in installing one on my Overland? I know there is a second tow hook too. That’s less of a concern, I’d actually appreciate the symmetry.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so further research says that a stock Rubicon steel rear bumper is right at $500. This seems like my best bet.
That was going to be my suggestion. Make a WTB post in the regional sub-forum here for one. Also I am sure there is a facebook presence for local jeep guys so you should put out feelers there too.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good find. I hadn't seen this one before. The price is right and if I didn't care about bedside protection I would probably order this one.
That missing bedside protection is the only reason I havent ordered this one too. Thats a huge thing & most that have it look funky. This one is clean & simple

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
That missing bedside protection is the only reason I havent ordered this one too. Thats a huge thing & most that have it look funky. This one is clean & simple
I really like this bumper. Has everything I want including clean design but at triple the cost of the magnum.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really like this bumper. Has everything I want including clean design but at triple the cost of the magnum.
I have eyeballed that one a bunch... but ultimately the cost is prohibitive. I talked to rugged ridge though since they showed on JT bumper at Sema. They expect there's to be out late July or early August. They told me it would have the bedside protection as well as corner steps. Given what the JL rear bumpers are going for I would expect the price to be 600ish. So I am waiting till then to decide. But even if it is more expensive if the styling matched my RR HD stubby front then that will do it.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
It is really odd how few bumpers have bedside protection.... :/

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Ok first off they want a premium for that bumper which is one thing. The kicker is that they want an extra $125 for a 1yr warranty on the finish which tells me that they don’t have any confidence in the quality of it. So for that reason alone I wouldn’t buy it.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Good find. I hadn't seen this one before. The price is right and if I didn't care about bedside protection I would probably order this one.
Why not add the bed side protection from Mopar or Rusty’s?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why not add the bed side protection from Mopar or Rusty’s?
Because its ugly. It looks a lot better to have one cohesive bumper that does both.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Ok first off they want a premium for that bumper which is one thing. The kicker is that they want an extra $125 for a 1yr warranty on the finish which tells me that they don’t have any confidence in the quality of it. So for that reason alone I wouldn’t buy it.
I didn't think about it that way. It's overpriced to the point I won't buy it but I haven't found anything that has the protection/design I'm looking for.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What the finish warranty on everyone else’s bumpers?

i read that as being an optional extra that you can get but haven’t seen a finish warranty on anything else. Considering how often you see stuff trusting within the first year because the powdercoat wasn’t applied well I’d say that speaks volumes to say that there quality is good enough to be able to offer an additional warranty on where as most don’t offer anything for finish past the regular return period.
Sponsored