Stock sport s all season tires in snow/ice

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Has anyone driven there stock sport s with the all season tires on snow or ice yet? If so how do they perform? Stock sport s all season tires
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone driven there stock sport s with the all season tires on snow or ice yet? If so how do they perform? Stock sport s all season tires
They won't be better than any other tire on solid ice, but should be okay in the snow, unless you hit some steep hills.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I can't say. Removing those paper-thin, piece of ****, should never be installed on a truck, ugly, traction-less, little, flimsy, POS factory tires is always the very first thing that happens to mine. I've ended up with stacks and stacks of those flimsy tires in my barn over the years. There's a reason those tires only weigh 33 lbs, and it's not because they're rugged.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport s with the factory Bridgestone Dueler AT and I plan on running them this winter.. The All terrain destination is pretty generous but the tires look to have plenty of sipes and will clean out ok. Looking at the all season version and the tire to me seems Lee's that impressive. It is true to the style of the all season tires but that's the problem. All season tires should really be called 3 season tires. I've been shopping tires for my wife's compass and we're still running the factory all seasons tires. Last year was the worst winter I've ever witnessed and same for many much older than I. The Compass handled it very well but it's a slightly different animal being all wheel drive. The very first thing we did after picking it up from the dealer was take it to camp and brake trail in 10" crusty snow then bombed around the field and tested the awd settings. It performed very well.

If you're mainly driving on hard surfaces such as roads you can likely manage. Between the 4wd and maybe putting some sandbags in the back.

If you do decide to tire shop look for lots of sipes and good clean out. Also wider tires are more often hurtful in ice and snow. Unless you are on an artic expedition pizza cutters will be far better. The wide tires distribute your weight making it more difficult to get traction on ice.

I'll be driving in snow in a couple weeks and won't see dry pavement till around May. My plan is to run the tires. If I was in your shoes I'd at least wait for the first snow and see how they perform.

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
IMO, as a fellow motorist on the road, all seasons have no place in a real winter climate. Get a set of Nokians. Both sets will last longer and winter tires will save your ass when needed. Winter tires do make a huge difference.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, as a fellow motorist on the road, all seasons have no place in a real winter climate. Get a set of Nokians. Both sets will last longer and winter tires will save your ass when needed. Winter tires do make a huge difference.

Will likely be buying Nokian for the wife's Compass
Sponsored