MrFlinestone

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2016 JKUR
JTRD

I’m running a full width aftermarket bumper with aftermarket skid plate. No winch. I’m on stock suspension but running 37s. I am mostly on road and plan to do some light off-roading, but nothing serious. I had planned for maybe a 2 inch lift eventually.

Do I need to look for stiffer springs, lift for the bottoming out?
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
You need a 2” lift. That’s what solved my same issue.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Just curious, do you know the bumper weight?

Also wonder if they gave you guys the same Fox shocks up front like we have on the gasser.

OP
OP
MrFlinestone

MrFlinestone

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2016 JKUR
My bumper is the JCR vanguard. Their website says it’s 75lbs, plus 15 for the skid.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
1.5-2in front spacers

and maybe sumo springs front bump stops just incase you bottom out again. Theyre slightly longer than stock and are fantastic.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
My bumper is the JCR vanguard. Their website says it’s 75lbs, plus 15 for the skid.
I've got Rock Hard 4x4 full width front bumper: 140 lbs
Badland Apex winch: 70 lbs

Sitting stock on Rubi gasser front suspension, I got about 3/4" sag when I installed everything, but not bottoming out. I suspect you guys got stuck with the same shocks but you're heavier up front to start. I haven't heard a confirmation on whether your springs are heavier or not.
I hope JEEP didn't screw you guys and throw the same front suspension under a heavier vehicle.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The front springs are stiffer but only enough to keep it the same height as the gasser. Any big dip in the road and the extra weight + gravity = bottoming out.

Since putting the mopar diesel lift ive had zero bottom out episodes. A dip on our residential street that I had to slow to 20 can now be done at 30+.

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
The front springs are stiffer but only enough to keep it the same height as the gasser. Any big dip in the road and the extra weight + gravity = bottoming out.

Since putting the mopar diesel lift ive had zero bottom out episodes. A dip on our residential street that I had to slow to 20 can now be done at 30+.
Has the ride changed?

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've got Rock Hard 4x4 full width front bumper: 140 lbs
Badland Apex winch: 70 lbs

Sitting stock on Rubi gasser front suspension, I got about 3/4" sag when I installed everything, but not bottoming out. I suspect you guys got stuck with the same shocks but you're heavier up front to start. I haven't heard a confirmation on whether your springs are heavier or not.
I hope JEEP didn't screw you guys and throw the same front suspension under a heavier vehicle.
I am glad to see this. This gives me some expectations. I have a Mojave, so my suspension is different, but I am planning on an aluminum bumper and winch which should add 65 pounds, or so, over the plastic bumper I have now. If you got 3/4 of an inch sag, I’ll bet I wouldn’t get more than 1/2 inch with what I am thinking about.

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Ok folks, I just talked to my case manager, Lisa at Jeep Cares. She asked me to ask all of you who are having this issue to call in to Jeep cares and establish a case. Tell your case manager to notify Lisa (ext 406-0550) that you are having the “suspension bottoming out problem.” She needs at least 3 of us JT Ecodiesel owners with the same problem. I don’t know what this will get us, but the more people who bring it up to Jeep Cares, the better.

NOTE: if you have modified your suspension, they probably can’t do anything for you. I don’t know how the aftermarket bumper will factor into it.

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Ok folks, I just talked to my case manager, Lisa at Jeep Cares. She asked me to ask all of you who are having this issue to call in to Jeep cares and establish a case. Tell your case manager to notify Lisa (ext 406-0550) that you are having the “suspension bottoming out problem.” She needs at least 3 of us JT Ecodiesel owners with the same problem. I don’t know what this will get us, but the more people who bring it up to Jeep Cares, the better.

NOTE: if you have modified your suspension, they probably can’t do anything for you. I don’t know how the aftermarket bumper will factor into it.
I actually called in last week.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Hell, I could feel mine bottom out over our large neighborhood speed bumps stock. I installed a 1.5" Teraflex leveling kit for about 3 weeks after the ARB bumper was installed then the full 2.5" suspension after (and removed the spacers). The leveling kit should help big time.
Sponsored