Storage sucks, whats available

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Wow, didnt realize there is so little storage. I could at least hide things way in the back of the JK under something when i valet the car. My glad storage bin under back seat was filled in a minute and behind the side is really non existent except for maybe a laptop, backpack wont even fit there. If the back seat slid a bit it forward it would have been great. Is there any after market options like under front seat lock boxes or anything yet people are using for some storage.
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I ended up putting on a Lomax hard trifold tonneau cover so I could keep my tools and such in the bed. Can someone get in the bed if they wanted to use a prybar? Yes they could but then again they could bust my windows all the same. Much like you I had become accustomed to putting things behind the back seat of the JK (2 door) but then again I was often flipping up the back seat on the JK because I still needed more room. Unfortunately the only good storage in any vehicle are lock boxes or actual trunks. Since spartacus is my daily driver I did not want to install a lock box in the bed so the cover is the closest thing to a trunk I am going to have. I would assume the under-seat lock boxes they sell for the regular jeeps would fit under the front seats on the gladiator but that still isn't much cubic volume. I was also surprised that there is basically zero space behind the back seats as most trucks have a decent hidey hole behind the back seat. All in all though I guess I can't complain because my JK always left me in need of more storage space.

Last edited:

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
There will be plenty of storage space when someone finally makes a camper shell available. I’m blown away that this hasn’t happened yet (along with a bed mat)! I know there are center console lock boxes available but they look pretty obvious (hey there’s something valuable in here!). I’d be interested in an under seat lock box too if anyone has a link that would be great.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Diamondback is what I'm likely to get. Perfect for the shallow bad; lash items on top as needed. Valuables in the cab, or in the bed.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took the back seats out of our Honda Element when we had that. Loved it, but I had to sit cross-legged in the back more than once! (Sorry, seat belt police! . . . but I wasn't spot-lighting deer though) ;)

Seriously, with the back seats out of the Element it was amazing. The JT would be similar, I imagine. It'll come back to bite me occasionally if I do it. People will want a ride!

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or if you or your passenger has a phone, tablet, notebook, glasses, keys, change, pens...
fair point, more storage is good. the hard core wheelers can speak to the loss of that handle though. The roll of hundos and the shades made me chuckle . . .

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
fair point, more storage is good. the hard core wheelers can speak to the loss of that handle though. The roll of hundos and the shades made me chuckle . . .
Hahaha I didn't notice that. Thought it was a small can of beans or something.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha I didn't notice that. Thought it was a small can of beans, or something.
Yeah, hence my Miami Vice reference, ha. A can of beans is infinitely more likely to be found in a vehicle of mine than a wad of cash!
Sponsored