jfreeham

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
287 Deep Forest Rd., Wilderness, MO 63941
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
I have a new Gladiator Sport S with a Max Tow Package. Hitched up the Airstream today to give it a test run. As I scrolled through the screen, three notifications appeared. (Pardon the blurry nature of the photos, but until the steering problem is fixed -scheduled for this Friday - it's difficult to drive with one hand.)

I will be taking the photos to the Service Manager tomorrow, but any help that I can share
Jeep Gladiator Stored Messages (and a few more) 7816
Jeep Gladiator Stored Messages (and a few more) 7814
Jeep Gladiator Stored Messages (and a few more) 7812
with her will be appreciated.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What brake controller are you using?
Does the harness between the controller and factory plug have a diode in it?
Beat me to it..........

Sponsored

OP
OP

jfreeham

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Hmmm. I hadn't thought about the brake controller. It's a Cequent Group product. As to having a diode in it, I don't know, but was installed per the instructions in the JT owners manual.

Is the question of a diode something I should look into? Now, for question that betrays my lack of skill and knowledge with these things, is the diode something I want, or something I don't want?

OP
OP

jfreeham

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Troy, my wife handed me her phone with the camera ready to snap a photo. It took less time to take the each photo than it takes for you to look at and fiddle with your radio. Hey, by the way, do you have the 5.0 inch touchscreen display or the 8.4 inch display in your Gladiator?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm. I hadn't thought about the brake controller. It's a Cequent Group product. As to having a diode in it, I don't know, but was installed per the instructions in the JT owners manual.

Is the question of a diode something I should look into? Now, for question that betrays my lack of skill and knowledge with these things, is the diode something I want, or something I don't want?
The Gladiator specific harness, from most controller suppliers, has a diode in the harness to prevent back feeding into the CAN bus system, which results in the issues you encountered. With some controllers, it's only a problem when the brake is activated with no trailer attached.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Troy, my wife handed me her phone with the camera ready to snap a photo. It took less time to take the each photo than it takes for you to look at and fiddle with your radio. Hey, by the way, do you have the 5.0 inch touchscreen display or the 8.4 inch display in your Gladiator?

I have the 8.4 and I do not fiddle with it while driving. I hate the touch screens in vehicles. I am a big fan of buttons that report what they are doing with a click that you can feel. Once you get use the there position you don't even need to look at them. You want the radio up a bit you know where the knob is. You can feel it click 4 times as you turn up the volume.

I do like the steering wheel controls.