Sponsored

Storing Ice in the Rear Under Seat Storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I'm pulling this out into it's own thread, so perhaps others can see it and comment.

Has anyone read, or seen, anything that suggests that you could "safely" store ice in the (optional) lockable compartments under the rear seats? By safe I mean not getting water all over the place...

I'm hearing a rumor, trying to see if it is real... it would make sense if there was a way to drain it properly.
Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
The case bolts down to the floor. So I would assume there are a few holes in the bottom that would leak.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I'm pulling this out into it's own thread, so perhaps others can see it and comment.

Has anyone read, or seen, anything that suggests that you could "safely" store ice in the (optional) lockable compartments under the rear seats? By safe I mean not getting water all over the place...

I'm hearing a rumor, trying to see if it is real... it would make sense if there was a way to drain it properly.
It’s not insulated. Better to throw an ice chest in the bed now that Jeep has one again.

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Well there's a plug in the box and in the console in back seat. you could get an ARB fridge and not have to worry about ice leaking.

Plus its super overlandy, we all like to be real overlandy and stuff. I'm pretty sure though it used to be called just camping

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It’s not insulated. Better to throw an ice chest in the bed now that Jeep has one again.
i'm sure yeti will make a $1000 under seat option...j/k they probably won't but that would be sweet!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Well there's a plug in the box and in the console in back seat. you could get an ARB fridge and not have to worry about ice leaking.

Plus its super overlandy, we all like to be real overlandy and stuff. I'm pretty sure though it used to be called just camping
I like that you turned it into an adjective... "overlandy"

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

Overlanding is camping but with a roof top tent. And one of those floppy hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.