John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, this may be a stupid topic of discussion, but I'm curious where everybody is storing your Freedom Top storage bag? In the bed or vehicle...or in the garage? On one hand I feel like I should have it with me if the mood strikes to remove the panels, but the bed isn't really that big to permanently carry a bunch of stuff that I may or may not use. I'd love to hear what you folks are doing.
Sponsored

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was keeping it under the back seat, but it took up half the storage area and was getting in the way. Plus I think it was messing it up being crushed by my tool bag and being folded.
So I came up with this:
Top Storage
And now I keep the bag in the garage for planned excursions.

Brian from Oregon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
I do stuff
Alright, this may be a stupid topic of discussion, but I'm curious where everybody is storing your Freedom Top storage bag? In the bed or vehicle...or in the garage? On one hand I feel like I should have it with me if the mood strikes to remove the panels, but the bed isn't really that big to permanently carry a bunch of stuff that I may or may not use. I'd love to hear what you folks are doing.
I bought a bestop sun rider and stuffed the panels and bag in the garage loft. Never to be seen again

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Bed of the truck, under tonneau cover. Stays clean and dry so far, about 3 months in.

JeepApex

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport-S (Billet Silver)
I have mine stored behind the back seat. I just fold the rear backrests down, fold the storage bag in half, shove the foam portion of the bag to the floor area behind the back seats, then raise the backrests and lock 'em place.

That allows my truck bed to stay empty, and I can still grab my storage bag whenever it's time to take the freedom panels off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I keep mine under the rear seat. I don't have the lockable bin so the area is fairly decent size. I just roll it up and the foam part seems perfectly formed to fit in this area. It's a trade off because I could use the space for other things, but I want the bag to be there whenever I feel the urge to pull the panels.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a sunrider top. Put the panels and in the bag put the bag in the garage in a safe place and have been very happy for the last year.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I kept it in the bed under the tonneau, then swapped to a sunrider so it's now in the garage with the tops in it. I'll swap them back on in the winter.

I do way more open top driving with the sunrider than I did with the freedom panels, it's so much more convenient.

caseysgirlRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
RN
I have been struggling with the same issue...I almost always have someone sitting in the back seat so they are having to move the bag around to sit. I was thinking of trying to rig something up to hold it against the roof...like a cargo net or something...most of the time it is kids riding in the back seat so they don't need the extra head room. I will update if I get something figured out.

Sponsored

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I keep mine rolled up under the rear seats. As others have said, the foam ends seem to fit perfectly in the deeper areas at each seat.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
another for rolled up in the bed under the cover.

I like to take them off and zipping up the bag is the most time-consuming part.

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, 19' Giulia, 64' Cobra
Mine sits on a shelf in the garage. When I plan to have the freedom panels off I just store them in the bag until they go back on. I use my bed quite often and removed the back seat so my pup has more room. I can't say I'd use it enough to warrant tossing it around between the cab and bed.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I personally don’t like the idea of cluttering up the inside cab or bed with it. I get the personal want and availability to have it readily accessible though. Since my JT is not technically a daily driver. More of an every other weekend warrior, and it garage kept. My panels have been off way more than on. In fact since I’ve had for just under a month I’ve only had them on 3 times being out and about.

my bag stays in the garage usually with the panels in them currently sitting on top of my tool cart. I would like to maybe arrange something more proper for it at some point. But I just plan my days and watch the weather best I can which is often hard in Ky. Basically if I think it’s gonna rain and I absolutely have to get out, I throw it on.
Sponsored

Last edited: