Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
When the Launch Edition was announced, some folks said someone will probably buy one and stash it away unused for years, thinking it would go up in value. As this other FCA truck shows, it's probably not going to be worth what they thought. So drive your Gladiator and enjoy it!

$22k for a 2000 Ram 1500 with only 735 miles on it.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29223...r-a-735-mile-2000-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck
Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
When the Launch Edition was announced, some folks said someone will probably buy one and stash it away unused for years, thinking it would go up in value. As this other FCA truck shows, it's probably not going to be worth what they thought. So drive your Gladiator and enjoy it!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29223...r-a-735-mile-2000-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck

The price of this truck has absolutely nothing to do with what a LE gladiator will be worth. It’s already expected a run of the mill gladiator will hold on to 89% of its original value after 2 years which a 1500 Ram will never come close to in a million years. Now add the fact it’s a special edition Jeep truck that people have been waiting decades for and tell me it won’t be worth anything if put away.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I agree that comparing a Launch Edition Gladiator with a limited production run with a standard off the assembly line Dodge truck makes no sense at all to me. I am only speculating here but I would bet a lot of money that more than 4190 Dodge 1500s were built in 2000.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Huh... but when you look at a 4door wranglers, they sell close to what you paid originally... and with the gladiator being soo non existent and popular in the world... we might be sitting on a gem.

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Huh... but when you look at a 4door wranglers, they sell close to what you paid originally... and with the gladiator being soo non existent and popular in the world... we might be sitting on a gem.
That may be. However, my truck will be built with 4 wheels and a throttle pedal. That means I'm going to go places! If it was meant to be stored, it would be sold with a set of jack stands.

I do agree though that the LEs will be valuable sometime down the line. Obviously they are now, but more so later on. I've got a '61 Falcon that I hop in whenever I get the chance. Get out there and drive!

I also have to agree with most that you cannot compare the LE to a Ram 1500. @TennesseePA hit the nail on the head for that one. A few more than 4190 Ram's were built in 2000... A first year, special edition vehicle with a limited quantity being built will absolutely be worth more than a run-of-the-mill JT down the road. You only get that first edition once!

-Mike

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
So drive your Gladiator and enjoy it!

I’m surprised that they closed that $22k. I looked at it when it went live on BAT. The seller tried on eBay and the deal was sent back both times. Looked like a new truck with 735 miles though.

Honestly, in 20+ years, no one knows what JT’s will be worth. Imagine buying an original Shelby Cobra back in the day. Back then not many wanted one and you could get a lot of Cadillac for similar dollars.

TFL asked me if I was going to keep all my stock take-offs in order to maintain our LE’s value and in reply, it’s a Jeep, it’ll always hold its value.

Drive it like you stole it!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/million-jeep-cj-ebay.amp

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
I think the fact that theres nothing actually special about the launch edition will make them worth the same as every other Gladiator in the resale market. It has a badge and a different color dash, every other option is available on every other Gladiator. I think buying a truck and storing it away for 20 years hoping it will go up in value is a pretty dumb financial decision to begin with but to each their own.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I think the fact that theres nothing actually special about the launch edition will make them worth the same as every other Gladiator in the resale market. It has a badge and a different color dash, every other option is available on every other Gladiator. I think buying a truck and storing it away for 20 years hoping it will go up in value is a pretty dumb financial decision to begin with but to each their own.
Same could be said for a variety of other cars but they actually hold higher values. A Lime Rock Park M3 comes to mind. Really aside from it being orange and a plaque on the dash, it’s identical to the next run of the mill M3. Yet, those consistently sell for 50% more than a comparable “lesser” car.

That said, I plan to get some scratches on my JT and tow some things! Drive ‘em, folks!

Jonny55

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Same could be said for a variety of other cars but they actually hold higher values. A Lime Rock Park M3 comes to mind. Really aside from it being orange and a plaque on the dash, it’s identical to the next run of the mill M3. Yet, those consistently sell for 50% more than a comparable “lesser” car.

That said, I plan to get some scratches on my JT and tow some things! Drive ‘em, folks!
Yea they made 200 of those LRP M3's, FCA made almost 21x more LE's. Might command 1K more than typical Rubicon on a resale, depending on gullibility of the purchaser.

It's still a nice truck that anyone would be happy to have but an exorbitant used value for an LE is not very likely.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Yea they made 200 of those LRP M3's, FCA made almost 21x more LE's. Might command 1K more than typical Rubicon on a resale, depending on gullibility of the purchaser.

It's still a nice truck that anyone would be happy to have but an exorbitant used value for an LE is not very likely.
Very true. I guess the point I was trying to make is that small, quirky things can introduce a very large value delta between alike vehicles. People that collect and drive these eventual mad prices will gladly pay - in my opinion - way too much for something as petty as a plaque or a color.

With that said, didn’t the LE sell every last build within 24 hours of release or something? People like ‘em!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Very true. I guess the point I was trying to make is that small, quirky things can introduce a very large value delta between alike vehicles. People that collect and drive these eventual mad prices will gladly pay - in my opinion - way too much for something as petty as a plaque or a color.

With that said, didn’t the LE sell every last build within 24 hours of release or something? People like ‘em!
Collectors know every intricate detail of 1st Run/Launch Edition vehicle’s. They can always spot a faux LE version, often through a myriad of manufacturing anomalies... but always by the VIN#’s... which will eventually tell us, not only which JTR’s are real LE’s, but also, their chronological sequence, #1 from #4190! (The LE VIN#’s may not be sequential, or consecutive... but they will be chronological!)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Not all vehicles of a type gain the highest value. How many are crashed, trashed, and mashed? Only a few survive, and of those only a few are kept well enough. Low miles. Then there are no miles category, but this was all pretech. You park one of these before 500 miles nothing sets, the computer will be relic and not repairable in 50 years. Put it this way, to get a no miles LE running isn't like a resto pinball machine. It's like a resto Atari. Except you have to pay ten times what it's worth for future tech guy to resto it. Way more than replace rubber and shine paint. Some future dude is going to have to scratch his head and say "ESS, what the hell was that?" It won't run fellas!!!

IIRC, for chronological, thought we disproved that? The first guy ordering on here was not the earlier VIN ...?
Sponsored