Strange guy I met this morning

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
So today is the day I pick up my Hydro Blue Overland that finally arrived from Toledo.

Every morning I go to Dunkin to get a coffee and probably at least once a week I see a Hydro Blue Gladiator outside and i think its an elderly gentleman inside hanging out with other retired guys. Well, today I see him pull up and I had a chance to speak to him and I told him I was picking up a nearly identical vehicle today. I asked him if he had an Overland or Sport (no decal on the hood so I assume one or the other). He said he had no idea what it is; he thinks its written on the side by the door. This makes me think he had no idea that its even a Gladiator - I think he thinks its just a blue Jeep.

it surprised me because I tried to learn as much as possible about all the options, colors, problems, and issues before even placing an order for mine!

All I can think is God bless him and his free spirit - ignorance truly is bliss! I wish I could be like that sometimes.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Not strange at all. See something you like, buy it. It's called an impulse buy.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Don't we all endeavor to reach that point in life where we give absolutely no Fs
I took my dose of f it all already. Chased by a beverage of Idgaf. 👍🏻

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Some folks are un-aware of details. He could probably talk for days about the intracasies of chess, rocket engines or skateboards.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Yeah... Forum people are a minority. People who research major purchases before blowing their load are an even smaller minority. It blows my mind how someone could spend many tens of thousands of dollars without making sure they're spending it well first, but people blow my mind daily.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
... It blows my mind how someone could spend many tens of thousands of dollars without making sure they're spending it well first, but people blow my mind daily.
Perhaps tens of thousands of dollars to them is like tens of dollars to you and I?

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yeah... Forum people are a minority. People who research major purchases before blowing their load are an even smaller minority. It blows my mind how someone could spend many tens of thousands of dollars without making sure they're spending it well first, but people blow my mind daily.
So true, I never understood that. Then again those are the people the dealerships love. They pay more and are back in 2-3 years ready to drop even more money since they really didn't get what they want.

Jim-HV

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineering Manager
First post for me here.

I bought a Sport S and had no idea if it was a Sport, Sport S Or Sport S with Max Tow when I made my purchase. After joining this forum, I quickly figured out I have a Sport S without Max Tow. I guess I fall into the "doesn't do enough research" category, but happy with my purchase none the less.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I spent a few hours with the build sheets from four vehicles at three dealers, picking the most fully loaded one. And then I realized one was a Launch Edition and I could have just picked that one and known. I often wonder if life would be simpler if I just said "I want a blue truck please."
Sponsored