Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Weird Transmission behavior
2021 Soort S the only modification is changed stock tires to 33’s and calibrated for the new tires with Jscan. On Friday took a 300 mile road trip all interstate driving with a decent amount of hills. As far as I could tell the transmission behaved as it should. 8th gear while cruising between 65-75mph and downshifting to 6th or 7th going up a hill and then back to 8th. After a weekend of local driving it was time to go home this morning. It was -4 Fahrenheit I warmed her up for about 5 minutes then began the journey home. The transmission was definitely not behaving as it usually does. It did was having a hard time getting out of 4th and when it did the best I could do was 6th. On the way down hills it would down shift back to 4th and stay there with the rpm’s over 4 and back on level interstate would not hit 8th as it did almost the entire trip to the destination. I then pulled of the interstate shut the truck off and tried cycling the ignition into run and off a few times (I don’t know why I did that) then I put her in 4H and back to 2H. I did that because I did put her into 4H once during the trip while in a snow covered road. So back on the interstate and all was fine. What the hell happened? Any ideas would be appreciated. I tried to describe in as much detail as I could.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Does your dash show 2Hi and did you happen to use your descent or offroad cruise button? Sounds like it is stuck in one of the 5 mode maps the transmission uses ro select a shift schedule. The cruise control switch should knock it to a new map.

OP
OP

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Does your dash show 2Hi and did you happen to use your descent or offroad cruise button? Sounds like it is stuck in one of the 5 mode maps the transmission uses ro select a shift schedule. The cruise control switch should knock it to a new map.
Dash says 2H and none of the other things you mentioned were active. It has been fine ever since i shut her down and cycled ignition on and off a few times.......definitely strange
Sponsored