First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
We finally got to test out the Gladiator towing behind our motorhome - it tracked straight and true like expected with no issues. But, we have an issue with the turn signal wiring. I built a copy of the CoolTech harness, with a 4PDT switch on the dash, and wired into the harness in the right-hand door sill. So, turn on the left turn signal and the RV and JT lights both go "blink - blink - blink" as expected. Turn on the right turn signal and the RV light goes "blink - blink - blink" but the JT light goes "blinkblink - blinkblink - blinkblink". I have no idea why this would happen - the JT is a mostly stock Sport S; no LED lights in play, and all lights work as expected when not towing.

I had the same setup in our old 2017 JKU with the same result: the right turn signal on the Jeep did the "double blink" when powered by the RV, but not when powered by the Jeep.

Can any of you wiring experts give any insight why this would happen? I'll be adding the same system onto our new 2022 JKU soon - hopefully I can figure this out before then!
Sponsored