Sponsored

Stupid question .. Rubicon Rock Rail step????

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Okay this sounds silly....but, I really like my stock Rock rails, but need just a little step.
Can a plate or steps be added to the stock rails? A step right at the bottom of the rail is the perfect height for clearance and function for me.
Also, in addition to the look I like how the Rock rail protects the rocker panel from boots from hitting it as well.
Sponsored

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Okay this sounds silly....but, I really like my stock Rock rails, but need just a little step.
Can a plate or steps be added to the stock rails? A step right at the bottom of the rail is the perfect height for clearance and function for me.
Also, in addition to the look I like how the Rock rail protects the rocker panel from boots from hitting it as well.
You could use "hide-a-step" and maintain your stock rock rails. They are reasonably priced. Or you could always weld on a step.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have had the same thought. Looked to see if anything was available but couldn't find anything out there in the aftermarket world. I hope some fabricator comes up with something. In the meantime I have bought a set of NFab steps, however, I am holding onto my factory rock rails looking forward to the day when a decent/removable/functional step becomes available for the rock rails.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have had the same thought. Looked to see if anything was available but couldn't find anything out there in the aftermarket world. I hope some fabricator comes up with something. In the meantime I have bought a set of NFab steps, however, I am holding onto my factory rock rails looking forward to the day when a decent/removable/functional step becomes available for the rock rails.
Here you go.

https://mountainoffroad.com/products/hide-a-step-black-jl

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Double roller chain mounted step. It will flex front/back when it hits something but does not go in/out allowing you to push in while you step unlike the saddle strap type.

Jeep Gladiator Stupid question .. Rubicon Rock Rail step???? 1625058457774

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Mopar makes performance rock rails. Some folks have them used here on the forum. Its the same rail but wider. Has about 4" worth of "step assist"

Jeeper.jpg

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have the Mountain Off-Road Enterprises (MORE) hide a step on my JT. They mount between the Rubicon rock rails and the body of the Jeep. Solved my problems with my wife getting in the Jeep with out causing clearance issues.

Sponsored

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase