Styles for your JT?

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Since we are just in a holding pattern I was thinking about how I want to use my JT and what I would like it to look like. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to buy I'll be back in Arizona or out west -currently in FL for a job opportunity. I really want to start exploring the west so I'd like to set up my JT as an overland vehicle. Just the basics with a modest lift and tires, bed rack with tent, front bumper w/winch and tire carrier out back, and finally some aux lighting. LOL, yes the basic stuff that is going to cost an arm and leg.

Stylistically, I was thinking gobi as a color option with everything else including the rims in black. I was in the Army and always liked our tan Humvees while I was overseas. I've seen the look on some JKs in FL/AZ and really like it. But.... I'm also 41 and fondly remember the trucks I would find in 4 Wheel Offroad Mag back in the 80's. I could never go full 80's with chrome tube bumpers, but I kind of like the retro look of the Gladiator's decals back then. If I cannot get the JT in gobi I think I may go white and find someone to make some Gladiator decals for the new JT styled like those from the 80's. Maybe find some KC Highlights to mount on the bed rack too -on a side note I've never been a fan of the new styled rectangular light bars, guess I'm too old.

Just some random thoughts while we are sitting around waiting.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I'm planning to get the Rubicon equivalent, so no need for a lift, and the only mods would be a light camper / canopy with a pop-up tent. OK a winch too! No need for a tire carrier out back, but certainly a bike carrier for when the camper top is on. I have a tent trailer, but can't go 85 mph (+/- 15) when towing. :stop: I love the Punk'n metallic, but will likely end up with a Red Rocker, Firecracker Red with blacked out everything. Not down with your Marty McFly retro styling. Not throwin' shade, just not my thing.

OP
OP

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I'm planning to get the Rubicon equivalent, so no need for a lift, and the only mods would be a light camper / canopy with a pop-up tent. OK a winch too! No need for a tire carrier out back, but certainly a bike carrier for when the camper top is on. I have a tent trailer, but can't go 85 mph (+/- 15) when towing. :stop: I love the Punk'n metallic, but will likely end up with a Red Rocker, Firecracker Red with blacked out everything. Not down with your Marty McFly retro styling. Not throwin' shade, just not my thing.
Marty McFly!!! LOL I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it!!

whatevah

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whatevah.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Occupation
EMT
JT Rubicon with OEM steel bumpers, winch, 3" lift (for breakover angle- it's a lot longer than the JK I'm used to!). Rack with adjustable height for tent (below cab for driving, above cab height for awning use). Hopefully with a tonneau cover that'll work with the rack to keep dust out when exploring the desert.

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
Gobi w/ black everything else is 100% my vision, man I hope they offer a color like that. Other than that, the Rubicon trim, 35s, and accessories for overlanding and the CO wilderness. I just need my JCCoin to take off so I can afford it all.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Way back when I had a 2004 LJ and started a retro inspired build with CJ8 styling bits but never completed it due to life getting in the way. With the JT I wouldn't mind some retro inspired decals as a throwback option if it is done tastefully. Aside from that, I am planning on a 2" lift with some 35" KM3's (when they are released) to pair with the off-road version of the JT. My wife and I plan to take our two girls all over the southeast and southwest camping and wheeling so we will be building it up to be a functional livable space for long distances. Cheers!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
JT Rubicon with OEM steel bumpers, winch, 3" lift (for breakover angle- it's a lot longer than the JK I'm used to!). Rack with adjustable height for tent (below cab for driving, above cab height for awning use). Hopefully with a tonneau cover that'll work with the rack to keep dust out when exploring the desert.
Sounds a lot like my build.

I want the Rubicon trim (whatever it ends up being called), with the MOPAR lift and 37s, factory steel bumpers, warn M8000-S winch, a rolling hard tonneau cover to keep the inside of the bed clean and lockable, and then later on add a bed rack like the AEV ones on there Prospector XL or their ZR2 Concept. Color wise I really want a Filson Green or something similar with all black bumpers, and wheels.
Sponsored