First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It'll be okay. It's an amphibious exploring vehicle after all. Safe, slow... good starter car

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
"The car had New Jersey plates"

nuff said
we may not know how to drive once the road ends, but at least we're not famous for going the speed limit in the left lane =p

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
So much for 'Goes Over Any Terrain'.

OP
OP
IamPro2A

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
we may not know how to drive once the road ends, but at least we're not famous for going the speed limit in the left lane =p
IDK about that. I lived there for almost 40yrs, and most of my family still lives there.
As a matter of fact, I remember the guys on 101.5fm rant almost daily about "Left Lane Richards" as they called em.

That said, all the REAL off-roaders in NJ are generally pretty experienced driving on sand. Not only did we go drive on the beaches to "go fishing", we also drove the infamous Pine Barrens sugar sand.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650292299781

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Stupid is as stupid does. Sad part is, this moron has a license.

Sponsored

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Maybe Im just an idiot and wrong here, but it’s wild seeing towing companies using tow straps for this recovery attempt, I figured a kinetic rope would’ve been better in this situation to try and snatch it out instead.

OP
OP
IamPro2A

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Im just an idiot and wrong here, but it’s wild seeing towing companies using tow straps for this recovery attempt, I figured a kinetic rope would’ve been better in this situation to try and snatch it out instead.
If you look at the pics and the vid, it looks like they tried a bunch of different things. One problem was probably trying to pull from far enough away that the same thing didn't happen to the pull trucks. In one pic you can see 2 trucks with the rear winches both connected to a strap, then in the one video it looks like they were using a combo of chains, kinetic strap, and cables to try and snatch it free from above the high tide mark.

They were going to attach airbags this morning at low tide, and try and float it when the tide comes in. That should be in around 90 minutes. My wife's sister lives nearby on Berry Cove, if she wasn't working I'd ask her to go get more pics :P

Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650293428175

OP
OP
IamPro2A

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm more surprised that the towing company seems to be using personal trucks. I know they have some big trucks that could winch a Bronco even sunk in the sand with the wheels locked. I guess they just don't wanna risk getting it there?

Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650294038632

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Is this thing owned by a forum member?

Y’all remember the guy who bought a brand new gladiator and went crazy through a bunch of mud and then tried to make it a warranty claim when his truck stopped running right?

Kind of reminds me of that.

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
If you look at the pics and the vid, it looks like they tried a bunch of different things. One problem was probably trying to pull from far enough away that the same thing didn't happen to the pull trucks. In one pic you can see 2 trucks with the rear winches both connected to a strap, then in the one video it looks like they were using a combo of chains, kinetic strap, and cables to try and snatch it free from above the high tide mark.

They were going to attach airbags this morning at low tide, and try and float it when the tide comes in. That should be in around 90 minutes. My wife's sister lives nearby on Berry Cove, if she wasn't working I'd ask her to go get more pics :P

Jeep Gladiator Submarine option now available on select Broncos 1650294038632
I admittedly didn't watch the video, I just saw the references to the 3" tow strap snapping and the few pictures all appeared to be straps in use, so thought that was wild.

I am hoping someone goes and videos or takes pictures of them floating it out as well lol
Sponsored