Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Hey SoCal folks. When I ran a forum we used to have monthly meet-ups at a restaurant. It was great fun walking around and talking to folks about their rigs and trail runs...or just getting to know each other. Has this been done on this forum? I suggest we give it a try. Let me know if you are interested in this...I wouldn’t mind getting one started.

Thanks,
Allan
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey SoCal folks. When I ran a forum we used to have monthly meet-ups at a restaurant. It was great fun walking around and talking to folks about their rigs and trail runs...or just getting to know each other. Has this been done on this forum? I suggest we give it a try. Let me know if you are interested in this...I wouldn’t mind getting one started.

Thanks,
Allan
I would be up for it if can be closer to North County and a place can be found that has an area that can be used for meeting and possible food or drinks-coffee. The governor has made it tough on businesses trying to accommodate serving customers

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I would be up for it if can be closer to North County and a place can be found that has an area that can be used for meeting and possible food or drinks-coffee. The governor has made it tough on businesses trying to accommodate serving customers
Finding a central location is always the challenge. We used to have them at the Fuddruckers in Lake Forest. I live in Northern Orange County now so if you are referring to north OC that works better for me. I see now that you are in San Diego...I wouldn’t mind a road trip...maybe not all the way to SD. Perhaps a meet in the middle somewhere. Also, with all the tailgates we would have there that could work as far as tables go.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finding a central location is always the challenge. We used to have them at the Fuddruckers in Lake Forest. I live in Northern Orange County now so if you are referring to north OC that works better for me. I see now that you are in San Diego...I wouldn’t mind a road trip...maybe not all the way to SD. Perhaps a meet in the middle somewhere. Also, with all the tailgates we would have there that could work as far as tables go.
That is great, we used to have a cars and coffee for all makes at Carlsbad next to the flower fields but got to large and out of hand, usually 80 to 100 vehicles. It has been a few years since then now and we my be able to pull off a small meet if done before 9am when the outlet mall opens. The other possibility is the Costco across the street from them if anybody has an in with the company and possibly do on a Sunday morning. Just throwing out ideas.

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
It would be good to see who all is interested...anyone else. These are lots of fun. Sooooo much nicer to see those rigs you have been checking out in person!

Sponsored

Mavik

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I would be interested in this at some point in the future

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator rubicons launch edition
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
Will be nice to do one in SD and one in LA, and I’m totally down for the LA one

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Will be nice to do one in SD and one in LA, and I’m totally down for the LA one
That’s a good idea. Perhaps after we get things up and running I can recruit someone in SD to run one down there. And same for LA! Then I can just kick back and eat! :LOL:

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I just sent a message to the powers that be on this forum to see if there are any big wigs or sponsors who may be interested in helping out with food or raffle prizes. Prizes are always nice. We used to get all kinds of companies coming to our Suds-N-Grubs...

Sponsored

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Excellent. Lots of interested folks, more so on the JL forum. Perhaps we can start with one in SD or LA and see where it goes. Anyone have any suggestions on locations close to them? Keeping COVID stuff in mind of course. Commodus suggested a Costco in Carlsbad early morning kinda thing (Bring Your Own Coffee!). I am thinking tailgating would be fun. Perhaps a spot we can get some to-go food and hang out in a parking lot. I am in the OC so don’t know your areas as well. Post some suggestions in your neck of the woods.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Costco in Carlsbad is a good spot for me. Jeeps and a cup of joe! Afterwards we can visit @LeftCoast32 and drool over their supercharger setup. I think they are only a mile or two away from Costco.

-A2

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Costco in Carlsbad is a good spot for me. Jeeps and a cup of joe! Afterwards we can visit @LeftCoast32 and drool over their supercharger setup. I think they are only a mile or two away from Costco.

-A2
I would be down for Carlsbad or South OC like Dana Point. Lots of spots down there to meet. Kinda central to LA and North SD. Just let me know and I am in.

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I would be down for Carlsbad or South OC like Dana Point. Lots of spots down there to meet. Kinda central to LA and North SD. Just let me know and I am in.
Cool. So Costco opens at 9:30 on Saturday. Perhaps a 8:00 meet? BYOJ...Bring Your Own Joe...how about August 1st? Start the month out right...

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
How about you LA guys? Any suggestions for a meet up spot?
Sponsored