Sponsored

Suggested Overland Lite mods

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Next spring I want to take my GF and 2 boys out west for a 2 week driving vacation. I want to equip my JTM for the occasion. There are a few things I’d like to receive suggestions on and a few caveats:

1. We will make “tourist” stops along the way including bigger cities and hotels so security of equipment is important.
2. We’d like to do some light over landing in Arizona/NM/TX/other areas and would like suggestions for places to stay and things to see. Conversely, places to avoid. The GF loves Sedona and that region.
3. I’d like to equip the JT with some type of overlanding shelter that can be locked or not removed quickly or easily on the road but removable at home once the trip is done.
4.Suggestions on equipment must haves or don’t bother withs.
5. Suggestions for truck mods as well but I’m happy with the stock set up.
6.Anything else that comes to mind

thanks guys!
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
If you plan to go off-road, some recovery gear/equipment is a must - winch or come-along, recovery rope, traction boards. Also a gps unit like the Garmin InReach incase you need to get a message out for help if you're stuck.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I would mot other with Texas. Not much to see other than Big Bend and it will be brutal in summer. Spend your time in NM and AZ. I would also recommend Colorado if you can make it there. Colorado is jeepers crack. Once you get the taste, you can't get enough.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
I would mot other with Texas. Not much to see other than Big Bend and it will be brutal in summer. Spend your time in NM and AZ. I would also recommend Colorado if you can make it there. Colorado is jeepers crack. Once you get the taste, you can't get enough.
Texas is only enjoyable in the winter fo sho
Sponsored