First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I just ordered a Gladiator yesterday but noticed that they’re in the midst of a summer shut down the next 2 weeks. Does that mean everything is halted, including assigning vin numbers? Just curious because I sneaked in before 2022 was shown because I want it sooner but if they’re not doing anything than technically I have 2 weeks to see if 2022 is shown off?
Sponsored

muengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I just ordered a Gladiator yesterday but noticed that they’re in the midst of a summer shut down the next 2 weeks. Does that mean everything is halted, including assigning vin numbers? Just curious because I sneaked in before 2022 was shown because I want it sooner but if they’re not doing anything than technically I have 2 weeks to see if 2022 is shown off?
Summer shutdown is a non production period, VIN numbers aren't assigned during shutdowns because of the order coordination computers at the plant being down for maintenance to program in the next model year BOMs.

If your vehicle doesn't get built before the 2022 models start rolling down the line, yours will be a 2022 and your dealer will be notified if anything needs to be changed on your order to get it built as a 2022.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Summer shutdown is a non production period, VIN numbers aren't assigned during shutdowns because of the order coordination computers at the plant being down for maintenance to program in the next model year BOMs.

If your vehicle doesn't get built before the 2022 models start rolling down the line, yours will be a 2022 and your dealer will be notified if anything needs to be changed on your order to get it built as a 2022.
Thanks! None of that was mentioned from the dealer so I wasn’t sure. Sounds like I have 3 options than…stick with 21’ if given the opportunity, move to 22’ if anything is enticing before vin is pulled or be forced to become a 22’

Considering I’m now without a car, being a 22’ would suck. I don’t want to wait until January and I certainly don’t want to have to drive on a 800 mile road trip through the Midwest in the middle of winter and my only alternative is to be out another $1000 for shipping.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I wouldn't say you have 3 options. Your options are really going to be "keep the order" or "cancel the order" once Jeep tells you what they're going to do.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I wouldn't say you have 3 options. Your options are really going to be "keep the order" or "cancel the order" once Jeep tells you what they're going to do.
Unless Jeep is unique, all orders can be edited until a vin is generated? That’s my experience at least. So if it’s like the other cars I’ve ordered I have the option to withdraw my 21’ order before a vin and change it to a 22’, get a 21’, be at the mercy of Jeep and get a 22’ or as you said, I could cancel.

Sponsored

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
Is the 2 week summer shutdown actually happening? They just recently had a 1 week shutdown, and if I'm remembering correctly within the last 2 months they had another.

Just spoke to JeepChat a day or 2 ago and they made no mention about further shutdowns, got any recent articles talking about it?

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Is the 2 week summer shutdown actually happening? They just recently had a 1 week shutdown, and if I'm remembering correctly within the last 2 months they had another.

Just spoke to JeepChat a day or 2 ago and they made no mention about further shutdowns, got any recent articles talking about it?
I guess not they’re all 2 weeks old.

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392

We are not shut down right now.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
We are not shut down right now.
Just curious, and if you are able to share. You get PTO for these “unscheduled” shutdowns or are you SOL?

I do some work with a local manufacturing plant that runs an assembly line(not autos), but they only have 2 weeks of scheduled down time a year. 1 week during July 4th and 1 week at Christmas, which are mandatory PTO. If you have more than 2 weeks you can either use them at will or during unscheduled shutdowns(non-existent before COVID basically) else it’s unpaid.

Sponsored

Kane County 617

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Thanks! None of that was mentioned from the dealer so I wasn’t sure. Sounds like I have 3 options than…stick with 21’ if given the opportunity, move to 22’ if anything is enticing before vin is pulled or be forced to become a 22’

Considering I’m now without a car, being a 22’ would suck. I don’t want to wait until January and I certainly don’t want to have to drive on a 800 mile road trip through the Midwest in the middle of winter and my only alternative is to be out another $1000 for shipping.
Well I'm hoping Daniel (Gupton) will answer my emails.....trying to order the Gecko Green before it's too late!

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Yes, I've email him three times since yesterday, and no answer!
Maybe call? You’ve got a response before? Wrong email? He was very responsive with me.