Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
7F6EFA9F-7C13-4A2F-964E-402FCB410074.jpeg
FF9D5B85-BBBC-4ADD-9AE7-FDB8A5EE65FF.jpeg
7F28B3DE-A1D8-4986-B742-1E542C6D27C1.jpeg

Hey @BestopTeam at the top of my Sunrider there is 2 places at the front of the Sunrider where something can be screwed in. There is also 2 places at the rear where something could be screwed in. I have circled these areas in red. These screw holes are on both sides of my Sunrider. Are they there to secure your future roller sunshade that hopefully will come out as soon as you can get it to market? Or are they for something totally different? Thanks to advise.
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Excellent question, was curious about that myself.,

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Hey @BestopTeam at the top of my Sunrider there is 2 places at the front of the Sunrider where something can be screwed in. There is also 2 places at the rear where something could be screwed in. I have circled these areas in red. These screw holes are on both sides of my Sunrider. Are they there to secure your future roller sunshade that hopefully will come out as soon as you can get it to market? Or are they for something totally different? Thanks to advise.
From what I can tell from the photos it looks like you have everything installed as we would expect. I'm sure that the areas you've circled were created by engineering for possible future add-ons but we don't have anything scheduled right now that would make use of them. With the Sunrider open maybe they could be used for GoPro mounts in the meantime ;)

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, interesting, I'll be monitoring this thread.

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
My overland with premium soft top was Built on 5/31 and look different, must have been a change on the assembly line

Photo on 11-23-19 at 5.43 PM.jpg

Photo on 11-23-19 at 5.30 PM.jpg

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
HMM, mine was built around then to, I'll look when I get home.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My overland with premium soft top was Built on 5/31 and look different, must have been a change on the assembly line

Photo on 11-23-19 at 5.43 PM.jpg

Photo on 11-23-19 at 5.30 PM.jpg
This thread is in reference to the Bestop Sunrider not the factory soft top.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
299CE881-A207-459E-9D91-F6685D1601CB.jpeg
Hey @BestopTeam I just saw the attached Bestop add on this forum site. Not certain if this is a picture of a Wrangler or if it’s a picture of a Gladiator but it certainly looks like there is a Sunrider and it also looks like a roller shade over the driver and front passenger. I have circled this in your add. Is that what I am looking at? That’s an accessory that I am ready to order from Bestop. Please advise. Thanks.

From what I can tell from the photos it looks like you have everything installed as we would expect. I'm sure that the areas you've circled were created by engineering for possible future add-ons but we don't have anything scheduled right now that would make use of them. With the Sunrider open maybe they could be used for GoPro mounts in the meantime ;)

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
299CE881-A207-459E-9D91-F6685D1601CB.jpeg
Hey @BestopTeam I just saw the attached Bestop add on this forum site. Not certain if this is a picture of a Wrangler or if it’s a picture of a Gladiator but it certainly looks like there is a Sunrider and it also looks like a roller shade over the driver and front passenger. I have circled this in your add. Is that what I am looking at? That’s an accessory that I am ready to order from Bestop. Please advise. Thanks.
Sorry - that was a prototype that our graphics team integrated into the ad. I've asked them to create a new one so we don't continue to create confusion around the retractable sunshade.

As we've mentioned before there are no plans to release a retractable sunshade during 2020.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Sorry - that was a prototype that our graphics team integrated into the ad. I've asked them to create a new one so we don't continue to create confusion around the retractable sunshade.

As we've mentioned before there are no plans to release a retractable sunshade during 2020.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hey @Bestop, I saw a thread here a while back but can't find it now, where you mentioned that you needed commitments from a certain number of buyers before you'd produce this. Some sort of crowdfund or gofundme type deal. Are you still considering that? I'd sign up today if that helps push this to production.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @Bestop, I saw a thread here a while back but can't find it now, where you mentioned that you needed commitments from a certain number of buyers before you'd produce this. Some sort of crowdfund or gofundme type deal. Are you still considering that? I'd sign up today if that helps push this to production.
Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been traveling

We have been discussing the details of a Kickstarter campaign around bringing the Retractable Sunshade to the JL and JT. Unfortunately, given that there are a couple of parts in that product that we have to source from China (we've not been able to locate a domestic source), we're on hold since we no idea when we'd be able to source/receive them. Even if the Kickstarter campaign was successful, we don't know when the supply chain will start to function again. In the meantime, we'll continue to plan out the Kickstarter campaign, and when the supply chain starts to operate again, we'll get it launched.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been traveling

We have been discussing the details of a Kickstarter campaign around bringing the Retractable Sunshade to the JL and JT. Unfortunately, given that there are a couple of parts in that product that we have to source from China (we've not been able to locate a domestic source), we're on hold since we no idea when we'd be able to source/receive them. Even if the Kickstarter campaign was successful, we don't know when the supply chain will start to function again. In the meantime, we'll continue to plan out the Kickstarter campaign, and when the supply chain starts to operate again, we'll get it launched.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Understandable. I'm in when you kick it off.

Reactions: DHP

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
For those that have the Sunrider but really want some kind of shade - I used the Spiderwebshade JTKINI. It works GREAT! It is secured with bungies, sits very tight on the Jeep and is fairly easy to access the latches for the Sunrider. You do have to reach out the window and pull the top back to open but this isn't nearly as awkward as I expected. The benefit of having a shade far outweighs any difficulty deploying the top. The JTKINI is also available in MANY colors - I chose orange to match the orange accents on the Mojave.

Finally, Spiderwebshade was great to work with...excellent customer service, superb quality and they answered all my questions. They even reminded me to use a 15% off coupon code on ordering. This resulted in the lowest price I could find on the internet.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that have the Sunrider but really want some kind of shade - I used the Spiderwebshade JTKINI. It works GREAT! It is secured with bungies, sits very tight on the Jeep and is fairly easy to access the latches for the Sunrider. You do have to reach out the window and pull the top back to open but this isn't nearly as awkward as I expected. The benefit of having a shade far outweighs any difficulty deploying the top. The JTKINI is also available in MANY colors - I chose orange to match the orange accents on the Mojave.

Finally, Spiderwebshade was great to work with...excellent customer service, superb quality and they answered all my questions. They even reminded me to use a 15% off coupon code on ordering. This resulted in the lowest price I could find on the internet.
Can you post a photo?

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

Agreed. I did the same, and it works great, but if Bestop ever develops this retractable shade, I’ll still make the switch.
Sponsored