Sponsored

Sunrider soft top

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
I like the way my jk sunrider flips back exposing front seats. Can gladiator do that also or does it expose the entire cab? Honestly, I think when the whole top is folded back it looks bad the way it sticks up so far.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I like the way my jk sunrider flips back exposing front seats. Can gladiator do that also or does it expose the entire cab? Honestly, I think when the whole top is folded back it looks bad the way it sticks up so far.
somewhere there is a list of people who want bestop to make a top that will fold down to the box. I'm on the list. Looks weird hanging up there.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
And probably louder, as if that were impossible!

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Top view of exposure amount. I believe this is what you’re looking to answer. Probably same coverage as the wrangler unlimited. Full front passenger exposure and 3/4 rear.

01EE2B96-81B1-4C0E-BD6A-6D43AD3B7BA9.jpeg

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
We just put the Bestop sun rider on our JL. It's a nice option for this time of year where you have bursts of warmer weather with very cold weather.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
We just put the Bestop sun rider on our JL. It's a nice option for this time of year where you have bursts of warmer weather with very cold weather.
I’m really considering one of those. Just wondering what it will look like closed on a red body colored hard top. Was there a huge noise increase after the swap? I assume there would be some at least.

OP
OP
biggdave92

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
I think this is definitely one thing that will change on upcoming year model JT's. Watching all the promo videos, no one really talks about the top after its flipped back. Like they know it sucks. They fold it back then change the subject. I very rarely drop the entire top. Don't like baking in the sun. Sunrider is nice for those spur of the moment good weather situations.

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I’m really considering one of those. Just wondering what it will look like closed on a red body colored hard top. Was there a huge noise increase after the swap? I assume there would be some at least.
I didn't notice much of an increase in noise levels at all. I got the twill version though. not sure how the sailcloth would do.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
And later on in the video they show taking off and putting on the rear side corner sections and sliding on the rear plastic window. I know some will be interested to see how that works.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
somewhere there is a list of people who want bestop to make a top that will fold down to the box. I'm on the list. Looks weird hanging up there.
I don’t like the look of the soft top either. Have dual top on the JK so soft top goes on in the summer and most of the time when it’s not raining I end up just taking out the side and back windows leaving the top on like a bikini. Bald head gets too baked with the top down all the time. Plan to get the hard top and then wait for Bestop to do a Trektop type soft top that I can take the back out when it’s nice, use it like a bikini top or drop down and stow the back window behind the seat, yet have ready if we get a short rain shower.