Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’m in the same quandary of removing SfH or leaving it on. Bestop -any limitations on weight of snow/ice? Just to be safe, I may put the freedom panels back in.
We do testing with probably more weight than you'll ever have on there with snow. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Keeping mine on all year. Do you take the soft top off during winter?
Thanks Bestop for such an awesome product. Use it every time I jump in my Jeep. Unless it's raining or damn cold. But he'll that's what a heater is for!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
brog

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
We do testing with probably more weight than you'll ever have on there with snow. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I just put my new Sunrider on today and it looks and works great. Looking forward to using it with great weather this week and then rain this weekend to be comfortable with no leaks.

Thanks Lee for a great product.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Lee - many thanks for the response (you’re also the rep I dealt with to purchase my SfH). Trust your judgement, so will leave in place until there’s a good reason not to. Thanks again.

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I've been following this thread. My Sunrider is the best. I was wondering about weight of any snow here in NJ - you just made the decision for me - I'm gonna live on the edge and leave it on. 45 degrees and up - no reason not to open 'er up!

Sponsored

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I'm having a hard time justifying the price for 18 sq ft of fabric. I will probably eventually get one.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Keeping mine on all year. Do you take the soft top off during winter?
Thanks Bedroom for such an awesome product. Use it every time I jump in my Jeep. Unless it's raining or damn cold. But he'll that's what a heater is for!!!
I just put my new Sunrider on today and it looks and works great. Looking forward to using it with great weather this week and then rain this weekend to be comfortable with no leaks.

Thanks Lee for a great product.
Lee - many thanks for the response (you’re also the rep I dealt with to purchase my SfH). Trust your judgement, so will leave in place until there’s a good reason not to. Thanks again.
You guys all rock. :rock:

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I'm having a hard time justifying the price for 18 sq ft of fabric. I will probably eventually get one.
I hear you on that, but there's a lot more to it than just fabric. I think once you get your hands on one and feel it operate (if you haven't already) then it's easier to see where the money goes into the linkages etc.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you on that, but there's a lot more to it than just fabric. I think once you get your hands on one and feel it operate (if you haven't already) then it's easier to see where the money goes into the linkages etc.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
The engineering that went into this is money well spent. Operates so nice you wonder why Jeep doesn't offer it!

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Just be sure to get the Twill version...it matches the OEM bed cover perfectly. Definitely think they should come from Jeep with these...much more useable than the full convertible top...

And they fit like a glove!

Sponsored

Caveman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 1994 Wrangler YJ
As far as hardware removal, just 6 Torx bolts and the plastic clamp that holds the SR frame to the back part of the hardtop. Despite what other people have said here, I usually find a helper to lift it on and off. It is less heavy than just awkward. The one time I tried doing it myself I ended up putting some light scratches on the hardtop that took forever to polish out/fade. These hard tops are crazily easy to scratch.

GobiGuy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Widow
One more vote here for leaving it on all year long.

GobiGuy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Widow
I understand that but trust me and just get one on order. It’s fantastic!

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
We run the color-matching hard top with factory sound deadening, during times of the year that are either too hot or too cold to really have a chance to open it up.

perfect times for the Bestop, mid-US, are spring and fall. Invaluable on a long trip, with cargo/precip where you plan to open up while explorering somewhere.

we would have no concern with year round, and choose to go back to the hard for a variety of reasons:
-it does let a little more sound through
-cooler during high sun / high heat
-we want to make it last
-the wife likes her color matched top
-we don’t want to hurt it when wheeling
-she likes completely naked sometimes
Sponsored