First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Does anyone know if the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop can be used with the Spiderwebshade installed? I see on the Spiderwebshade site that it can be installed and still use the Freedom Panels....just not sure about the Sunrider.

I have had a Spiderwebshade in my JK and JT and hope to put one on the JT...but would also like to get the Sunrider. Have not decided yet if I would get the full or mini Spiderwebshade

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/all-products/gladiator
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I would not think so due to the much different mounting configuration of the Sunrider vs the panels.

OP
OP
rafaelsmith

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I would not think so due to the much different mounting configuration of the Sunrider vs the panels.
Yeah, the more I look at pics and videos it does look like it wont work. Kinda sucks....cause in Florida both are almost a requirement....guess I can forgo the Sunrider....the shade is something I have to have down here.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Yeah, the more I look at pics and videos it does look like it wont work. Kinda sucks....cause in Florida both are almost a requirement....guess I can forgo the Sunrider....the shade is something I have to have down here.
Do you already have a JT? If not, have you considered a soft top instead? I couldn't live without my mesh screen above my head

OP
OP
rafaelsmith

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just chatted with Spiderweb and they claim their JTMini will work with the Sunrider. Hard to tell from pics but maybe.

upload_2019-12-10_14-48-19.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
rafaelsmith

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do you already have a JT? If not, have you considered a soft top instead? I couldn't live without my mesh screen above my head
Don't have it yet...its on order. We did consider the softtop...but decision was to go with hardtop this time around. We will almost never take the full top off so just care about the front. And yeah, I will have the shade...even if it means I have to skip the Sunrider. Taking off front panels doesnt look to bad. Storing them is the problem...but maybe thats why they included the bed =P

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Got this one. Fits fine. Hard to flip the latches, but doable. Great combo. Can't pull Sunrider up from inside, need to stick arm out window and flip it open/shut. I didn't use all the bungees supplied.

Screenshot_20191210-154645_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
rafaelsmith

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got this one. Fits fine. Hard to flip the latches, but doable. Great combo. Can't pull Sunrider up from inside, need to stick arm out window and flip it open/shut. I didn't use all the bungees supplied.

Screenshot_20191210-154645_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks :) ...similar to the JTMini Spiderweb has. Having to reach out to flip Sunrider is no big deal...how it works on my softtop JK so I am used to it.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @brancky3 don’t hold your breath for this but I think that the folks from @BestopTeam may have a roller sunshade for their Sunrider by model year 2021. I asked them about it and they said that it would not happen in 2020. And I am not planning on getting rid of my nice new truck that I love anytime soon. If you look at the top of your Sunrider you will see bolt holes left and right, at the rear and at the front of your Sunrider frame. I suspect that these bolt holes are there so a “future” roller sunshade can be mounted, my best guess mind you. And if I am dead wrong then please accept my huge apology in advance. Crossing fingers and not holding my breath for now.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @brancky3 don’t hold your breath for this but I think that the folks from @BestopTeam may have a roller sunshade for their Sunrider by model year 2021. I asked them about it and they said that it would not happen in 2020. And I am not planning on getting rid of my nice new truck that I love anytime soon. If you look at the top of your Sunrider you will see bolt holes left and right, at the rear and at the front of your Sunrider frame. I suspect that these bolt holes are there so a “future” roller sunshade can be mounted, my best guess mind you. And if I am dead wrong then please accept my huge apology in advance. Crossing fingers and not holding my breath for now.

Jeez, two years away...

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well 2020 is less than a month away so I hope it will be more like 13 months from now. Call it wishful thinking.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well 2020 is less than a month away so I hope it will be more like 13 months from now. Call it wishful thinking.
I would rather think that way then think it will be released late 2021...

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
No issue for me, I went with the soft top :like: You know how the weather can be in SC sometimes - "0% chance of rain" and I leave work in a downpour :CWL:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
C06B5FA8-CAA2-48B5-A3C7-61BF22AF4E44.jpeg
78A61412-EEE5-4764-9E6E-78CCE02BA1C6.jpeg
8284006F-C08C-45F4-B150-B91FCBAE2841.jpeg
Hey @brancky3 suggest that you Google this Bestop video of their roller sunshade. My positive take on this is that they have already fabricated a prototype. And as I have previously mentioned they already put bolt holes in place on the Sunriders. See the 2 attached pictures. Why they wait until after 2020 to come out with this is a total mystery to me. They should immediately sell like hot cakes. Am ready to buy one as soon as Bestop releases this for sale. Crossed fingers but not holding my breath.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
C06B5FA8-CAA2-48B5-A3C7-61BF22AF4E44.jpeg
78A61412-EEE5-4764-9E6E-78CCE02BA1C6.jpeg
8284006F-C08C-45F4-B150-B91FCBAE2841.jpeg
Hey @brancky3 suggest that you Google this Bestop video of their roller sunshade. My positive take on this is that they have already fabricated a prototype. And as I have previously mentioned they already put bolt holes in place on the Sunriders. See the 2 attached pictures. Why they wait until after 2020 to come out with this is a total mystery to me. They should immediately sell like hot cakes. Am ready to buy one as soon as Bestop releases this for sale. Crossed fingers but not holding my breath.
We have had a prototype for some time. That said, the cost to ramp up tooling, production, and all the supply chain to support a relatively small market right now (for JL and JTs compared to how many JKs are in the market) can be a big financial gamble.

I'll float this out in order to get some initial feedback...

What would you think if we did a few products via Kickstarter? For example we figure out what it would take cost-wise to bring a product to market and if we can get it funded we bring it to market earlier. There might be early backer awards like a discount, bonus item, etc. or different award levels. To get the word out we'd have to promote it well but we'd also need a huge word of mouth out in the community, into clubs, friends and family members.

We've been kicking this around as a possible way to accelerate bringing products to market that we've prototyped. No commitment to going this route but if there is a lot of positive interest it will help us move forward the discussion.

Thoughts?

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored