Supercharged JT With manual trans?

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Hey guys! Has anyone tried supercharging a JT with a manual trans yet? I understand that this is not the most rugged manual trans in the world... I also know replacing the clutch ahead of time will be a must. I am curious if you were easy on and just rolled into the throttle, not launching it, if it might be a decently reliable set up or if you just sank 8-10k into a grenade lol
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys! Has anyone tried supercharging a JT with a manual trans yet? I understand that this is not the most rugged manual trans in the world... I also know replacing the clutch ahead of time will be a must. I am curious if you were easy on and just rolled into the throttle, not launching it, if it might be a decently reliable set up or if you just sank 8-10k into a grenade lol
Have you changed gears yet ? Going to 5:13 gears with a light set of 37 inch tires and rims on my manual JTR solved all my power needs. The torque multiplication with 5:13s is pretty great.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Have you changed gears yet ? Going to 5:13 gears with a light set of 37 inch tires and rims on my manual JTR solved all my power needs. The torque multiplication with 5:13s is pretty great.
I havent even recieved my truck yet! Hahaha, it comes in March. Just curious on the experience people had if they tried. Re-gear would be my first choice as well, but damn a supercharger would be cool!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I havent even recieved my truck yet! Hahaha, it comes in March. Just curious on the experience people had if they tried. Re-gear would be my first choice as well, but damn a supercharger would be cool!
Once you do the 5:13 gears, I doubt you will crave the SC. The difference in power/torque is substantial.

Deleted member 30519

Once you do the 5:13 gears, I doubt you will crave the SC. The difference in power/torque is substantial.
Can anyone recommend the gearing ratio for me if I want to eventually run 37s or 38's. I don't do any highway driving so I never shift to 5th or 6th nor do I want too unless needed. I have the 6 speed with 3.76 gears.

Sponsored

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2ā€ lift, and 35ā€
Occupation
Business
I have stock clutch with Magnuson SC and changed gearing to 4.56s. Gear change alone was good but it the stock engine didnā€™t pull strong enough on mountainous roads and highways so SC was installed. The tune has been a 4 month challenge to get right with the manual but Magnusonā€˜s Tech are very helpful as are this Forum Members for incrementally improving the drive ability. Iā€™m not a rock crawler and I do haul dirt bikes, ski boat, snowmobiles, street bikes, etc., and with the SC and 4.56 the truck is very good to drive on and off road.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I have stock clutch with Magnuson SC and changed gearing to 4.56s. Gear change alone was good but it the stock engine didnā€™t pull strong enough on mountainous roads and highways so SC was installed. The tune has been a 4 month challenge to get right with the manual but Magnusonā€˜s Tech are very helpful as are this Forum Members for incrementally improving the drive ability. Iā€™m not a rock crawler and I do haul dirt bikes, ski boat, snowmobiles, street bikes, etc., and with the SC and 4.56 the truck is very good to drive on and off road.
So you have a working tune then.

no one ever talks about what you guys are using to upload these tunes

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
HPTuners is what I and some on here use.
So silly question, does it come with the Magnuson, or is it a separate purchase? Trying to figure out all the expenses. Make sure I have the money set aside for it.

Thanks for the info!

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
So silly question, does it come with the Magnuson, or is it a separate purchase? Trying to figure out all the expenses. Make sure I have the money set aside for it.

Thanks for the info!
That is a separate purchase. One that I feel is needed to be able to load any updated tunes from Magnuson and or to do your own fine tuning of the programming.

Sponsored

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2ā€ lift, and 35ā€
Occupation
Business
Magnuson sends you a HP Tuner as part of the purchase. However, itā€™s a locked version so you can only upload the tunes they provide you. If you want try otherā€™s tunes youā€™ll need an HP dongle with open license. Itā€™s a couple hundred $$. The tunes from Magnuson for Manual Trans are now pretty good meaning drivability a cross the rev range is more linear without slingshot Rev up.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
We have a round 20 manual Gladiators running our kits with zero problems. You also don't get full boost at 2400 rpm like a roots style as well as all the heat soak they create. Our kits do not require any upgrades. I'd put our kits up against any kit out there, especially on drivability and efficiency.
I left my Mojave running for 8-10 hrs at NJ Jeep this weekend without it getting hot or overheating.
Sponsored