Supercharged JT With manual trans?

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Hey guys! Has anyone tried supercharging a JT with a manual trans yet? I understand that this is not the most rugged manual trans in the world... I also know replacing the clutch ahead of time will be a must. I am curious if you were easy on and just rolled into the throttle, not launching it, if it might be a decently reliable set up or if you just sank 8-10k into a grenade lol

Advertisement

hjdca

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys! Has anyone tried supercharging a JT with a manual trans yet? I understand that this is not the most rugged manual trans in the world... I also know replacing the clutch ahead of time will be a must. I am curious if you were easy on and just rolled into the throttle, not launching it, if it might be a decently reliable set up or if you just sank 8-10k into a grenade lol
Have you changed gears yet ? Going to 5:13 gears with a light set of 37 inch tires and rims on my manual JTR solved all my power needs. The torque multiplication with 5:13s is pretty great.

OP

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Have you changed gears yet ? Going to 5:13 gears with a light set of 37 inch tires and rims on my manual JTR solved all my power needs. The torque multiplication with 5:13s is pretty great.
I havent even recieved my truck yet! Hahaha, it comes in March. Just curious on the experience people had if they tried. Re-gear would be my first choice as well, but damn a supercharger would be cool!

hjdca

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I havent even recieved my truck yet! Hahaha, it comes in March. Just curious on the experience people had if they tried. Re-gear would be my first choice as well, but damn a supercharger would be cool!
Once you do the 5:13 gears, I doubt you will crave the SC. The difference in power/torque is substantial.

Gladiator847

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Once you do the 5:13 gears, I doubt you will crave the SC. The difference in power/torque is substantial.
Can anyone recommend the gearing ratio for me if I want to eventually run 37s or 38's. I don't do any highway driving so I never shift to 5th or 6th nor do I want too unless needed. I have the 6 speed with 3.76 gears.

Advertisement

Advertisement