First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon, 2022 Ram 3500 6.7L
Occupation
Sheet metal
Lots of the diesel guys in the Ram trucks are pcm swapping to a 2021. They Still have not been able to break the computer. So may pcm swapping would be the answer.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Taser won’t work either?
Tazer won't work for what?
Tazer doesn't re-tune the PCM. It only rides the bus and either makes software settings changes or live changes by intercepting certain signals and introducing others - such as turning off license plate lights when it detects a signal for the reverse lights. That's nothing to do with the PCM and isn't changing anything in the PCM (other than things that are allowed)

It's the "tune" that's in question and the tazer doesn't touch that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of the diesel guys in the Ram trucks are pcm swapping to a 2021. They Still have not been able to break the computer. So may pcm swapping would be the answer.
So they have mastered the pinouts and made connector conversions? Interesting.
A while back I saw where they were talking there wasn't a direct correlation between some of the pins. Obviously that's not a thing today.

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
So they have mastered the pinouts and made connector conversions? Interesting.
A while back I saw where they were talking there wasn't a direct correlation between some of the pins. Obviously that's not a thing today.

Nope they figured the PCM swap out and gave up on breaking the new PCM completely it seems. guys are doing it left and right. I have a 22' 6.7l but i am bumper to bumper to 100k so ill wait awhile.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nope they figured the PCM swap out and gave up on breaking the new PCM completely it seems. guys are doing it left and right. I have a 22' 6.7l but i am bumper to bumper to 100k so ill wait awhile.
That's what I meant - they figured the wiring out. For a while that was a problem in itself.
Pin 1 in this one didn't have the same function as pin 1 on the other, and worse, some of the pins seemed to map out differently for each. Obviously, they got the map made and moved forward.
So far from what I've seen, still no breaking it.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
For which diesel? The Eco or the Cummins?

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Technician
That's what I meant - they figured the wiring out. For a while that was a problem in itself.
Pin 1 in this one didn't have the same function as pin 1 on the other, and worse, some of the pins seemed to map out differently for each. Obviously, they got the map made and moved forward.
So far from what I've seen, still no breaking it.
I have also found that sometimes, Jeep also sneaks in an extra circuit or two. I recently ran into this when doing an engine swap in a Wrangler. When I began connecting the harness, some circuits had changed pin out sequences. Also found that changing the pin positions in the connectors wasn't an option, because some additional circuits were present. My apprentice and I found that the best way to proceed was to swap the entire engine harness. With the engine installed, it took about five hours.

PXL_20230803_114441420.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have also found that sometimes, Jeep also sneaks in an extra circuit or two. I recently ran into this when doing an engine swap in a Wrangler. When I began connecting the harness, some circuits had changed pin out sequences. Also found that changing the pin positions in the connectors wasn't an option, because some additional circuits were present. My apprentice and I found that the best way to proceed was to swap the entire engine harness. With the engine installed, it took about five hours.

Jeep Gladiator Superchargers with GSPEC5 ECU??? PXL_20230803_114441420
That sounds exactly like what I read a while back. You brought back more detail to the memory. It's not a matter of simply swapping ends.
Thanks, you just added a piece to the puzzle I was trying to recall.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Run a fuel tech 550 with a dash bracket to mount it to the cluster. Ditch everything oem.

Sponsored

Rob.G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Willys, 05 Dodge RAM 3500, 02 WJ
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got a new 23 Willys yesterday and I'm glad I found this thread. I'm not in a rush to do a supercharger, but I'd like to do one this year if things work out. Hopefully that'll be possible. I love the truck but it sure could use a bit more oomph.

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I did this on my '22 2500 - it costed me well north of 7k all said and done. Totally wasn't worth it truck ended up having lifter failure at under 17k miles and costed me well over $35k - i'll never own another emissions equipped diesel truck again. The PCM (2450B) on the 6.7 cummins is also a bitch to get out and in. Trust me - our Jeeps are far easier to work on. I am back in a '23 Gladiator Rubicon now (incentives were too good to pass up even though i had bough ta new 1 month old 4runner).

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
I did this on my '22 2500 - it costed me well north of 7k all said and done. Totally wasn't worth it truck ended up having lifter failure at under 17k miles and costed me well over $35k - i'll never own another emissions equipped diesel truck again. The PCM (2450B) on the 6.7 cummins is also a bitch to get out and in. Trust me - our Jeeps are far easier to work on. I am back in a '23 Gladiator Rubicon now (incentives were too good to pass up even though i had bough ta new 1 month old 4runner).
Yep I won't touch my ram 3500 until it's out of warranty.

Rob.G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Willys, 05 Dodge RAM 3500, 02 WJ
Occupation
Software Engineer
As bad as I'd love to have a new RAM, I keep hearing these horror stories about them. I'm so glad I still have my 2005 (bought in 2007)... only 160k on it.

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
As bad as I'd love to have a new RAM, I keep hearing these horror stories about them. I'm so glad I still have my 2005 (bought in 2007)... only 160k on it.

I have 48k on my 22'. It's not just Ram but all manufacturers right now. 100% def issues and nothing will change.
Sponsored