Superchips Flashcal

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Got mainly to calibrate my speedo to 35's but used the foglight dropout and auto start/stop disabled (which seems at this point to not work correctly). Anyway i noticed today that my remote start would not work so just had a thought since i disabled the auto start/stop few weeks ago to go back and re-enable it and test remote start. That got the remote start working again, maybe coincidence but just heads up if anyone else gets a flashcal and notice remote start stops functioning give it a shot to re-enable.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Ill keep this in mind, thanks

theHunter

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR-LE, 2019 F-250, 2011 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1997 TJ SE, 1995 F150, 1979 Corvette
Talked with Superchips tech today, couldn't get the stop start disable to work either and they told me to take the hood pin out, I told them that I could have done that from watching any of 15 youtube videos. After him conferring with an engineer for about 20 minutes, learned that they could not get the function to work. I asked why they advertise on their website that it does and they just told me they didn't know. I am returning the Superchips flash cal.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I bought this on sale, and love it. It does everything I need it to. Im sure Tazer is a great product, but this was cheaper and does the same. Have not tried the auto start/stop as I want to keep mine on and have a separate button on the dash to turn it off if wanted

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Just ordered Superchips from Northridge 4x4 with 15% off (4WHLNDLN). $212 OTD is good for me.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Got mainly to calibrate my speedo to 35's but used the foglight dropout and auto start/stop disabled (which seems at this point to not work correctly). Anyway i noticed today that my remote start would not work so just had a thought since i disabled the auto start/stop few weeks ago to go back and re-enable it and test remote start. That got the remote start working again, maybe coincidence but just heads up if anyone else gets a flashcal and notice remote start stops functioning give it a shot to re-enable.
Talked with Superchips tech today, couldn't get the stop start disable to work either and they told me to take the hood pin out, I told them that I could have done that from watching any of 15 youtube videos. After him conferring with an engineer for about 20 minutes, learned that they could not get the function to work. I asked why they advertise on their website that it does and they just told me they didn't know. I am returning the Superchips flash cal.
So it doesn’t actually disable ESS?
Yikes.

theHunter

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR-LE, 2019 F-250, 2011 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1997 TJ SE, 1995 F150, 1979 Corvette
No it does not, I returned the Superchips FlashCal and bought the Tazer JL mini.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it does not, I returned the Superchips FlashCal and bought the Tazer JL mini.
That's a bummer that it didn't work. But the TazerJL mini is totally worth the price, in my opinion. All the extra features and such.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, their website (flashcal) claims that they disable AutoPark. Does it actually work?
It also says that it's just for the duration of the key cycle... that doesn't sound very helpful.

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Bought The Smart Stop Start Modual and it has worked great so far on keeping the start/stop function turned off.

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I’m wondering if there is a seat weight sensor like they have in other vehicles for disabling the passenger side air bag when no one is in the passenger seat. That could be bypassed to disable Auto Park IF that is what they are using.

Musselmike92

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S JT
I just got my super hips flashcal today and a bit disappointed. Auto start takes out the key fob start, and even with removing the hood sensor for auto start/Stop the symbol DTC would not clear. Also disappointed the auto-park feature did not disable. I did calibrate my tire size but I feel like if they are advertising it corrects these auto features they should be able to do so

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I kept my flashcal when I traded my JKU, and bought the gateway bypasss to use it on my JT. I too found that it does not properly disable the auto start/stop, and would have liked that feature. It does adjust tire size well for my 33" tires, allowing 0.25" increments in diameter. Jeep did us no favor with their placement of the gateway module.

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys got a 3571-JT Flashcal + Bypass that I used on my 2020 JT and wanna use on my new 2023 JTR but noticed connectors down there are different. Need a new bypass?
Sponsored

Last edited: