Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I’m looking to upgrade my lift to accommodate 40” tires. I currently have a 3.5” RC lift with 37s. It did its job well for what it cost, but I’m looking to move up to 40s and want a better quality lift.

I have reinforced my axles (trussed/gusseted) and have a deep enough gear ratio (5.13). I drive an Overland, so I don’t have the Rubicon/Mojave fenders. I’m just at a loss on which lift to go with. Any suggestions on what I need to be looking at? A complete 4.5” lift should be sufficient even with Overland fenders, right?

I’m looking for a setup that will handle rocks, overlanding, beach driving, and my morning commute. I also know 40s are way overkill for what I *need*, but it’s what I *want*, so I’d prefer to keep the conversation focused on how to make it happen, not whether it needs to happen.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Have you thought about gutting the fenders? That gains you 3" with out having to raise up any higher. I moved to 39's from 37's and the fender chop really opened up the area despite only having the clayton 2.5 (really more like a 3-3.5).

Jeep Gladiator Suspension upgrade for 40s 1659030695295

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I would consider gutting or adding flat fenders first if you’re happy with how it performs.