Swapped my Mopar 2" Lift Kit Fox Shocks for Falcons 2.1 SP2s

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
So I decided to switch out my Mopar Fox Shocks that came with my Lift kit over to the Falcon 2.1 SP2s just released for the JT by Teraflex. I have read a lot about how stiff the Falcons are compared to Fox or others but I always take others opinions into consideration but I like to formulate my own opinions.

Install was super easy. Was done in about 30 to 45 mins in the drive way. I set all 4 SP2s to the Performance adjustment.

I drove around town for a few miles and the ride is great. Definitely different than the Fox 2.5s in the Mopar kit. I did a compression/rebound test before install on both the front and rear Fox/Falcons and the falcons would take a good 2 to 3 secs longer to come back up to full extensions (on the performance setting). The fox shocks would shoot right back up as soon as you let up the pressure.

Tomorrow I will get to try them out on my 60mile hwy commute. this is the ultimate test because its the majority of the time I drive the vehicle as its my daily driver. If I like it, I will sell the Fox shocks, if not I will have to figure out what to do with the Falcons. So far I highly doubt I will not like them.

Just sharing my .02cents on it. I love Fox as a company and their shocks are outstanding, I just wanted to try something different :)

If you interested in purchasing the Fox Shocks, shoot me a message

D440CAE3-10D2-424F-8781-8E4479E80DAE.jpeg

3B42729A-A050-417A-91DA-8CC0D9CCB17E.jpeg

C1F94E28-2228-4DCA-ABE5-244B382148F5.jpeg

E131E3F8-4ACA-490A-8F77-F0575A9A4C2C.jpeg

A8706826-0D0B-4189-A71D-055B7D398F36.jpeg

67FF2A6C-1DEE-4E56-B6A2-FA2F7D7C9152.jpeg
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
How much stiffer are the Falcons than the Mopar 2” lift Fox, and are you able to compare the 2” lift Fox to the factory Rubicon Fox Shocks? I’m still on the Rubi Shocks with spacers and am curious about how the three sets compare. Thanks.

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much stiffer are the Falcons than the Mopar 2” lift Fox, and are you able to compare the 2” lift Fox to the factory Rubicon Fox Shocks? I’m still on the Rubi Shocks with spacers and am curious about how the three sets compare. Thanks.
I should be able to after a few miles. I know so far I can very much tell they are stiffer but nowhere near in a bad way as some make the falcons out to be. Testing them outside of the vehicle by doing the compression rebound test was a clear visual proof of the difference.

As far as the 2” fox vs stock fox was pretty noticeable too. The rear end used to float and bounce so bad on stock fox that it felt borderline dangerous at high speeds. They were super soft. Softer than stock JL shocks actually. The mopar 2”lift fox are nicer but hard to explain exactly. Best I can say is they ride like stock but improved and the way the stock rubicon should have came with in terms of ride quality shock wise

I will follow up as best as I can. Hopefully I can provide more info for those who are interested in doing something similar have more info to make an educated purchase :)

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to follow up again. I could not be happier with my Swap to the Falcon SP2! Jeep Drives so much better. The rear end doesn't feel like it wants to blow away on me on the Hwy and the ride is firm in a good way. No my bones aren't jarring or rattling away as some say the Falcons do to their jeeps. That is a major f'n exaggeration on their part. It has made a big difference on my daily commute and I would recommend these to anyone upgrading their stock stocks with zero lift or those who want to lift and pair them up with these shocks (be careful with spring rates tho, if you get them too stiff plus these shocks, I can see the ride becoming maybe a little to rigid)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be shocked (pun intended) if the Falcon 2.1 SP2 shocks don't perform way better than the factory OEM Rubicon Fox shocks which are OEM shocks for a reason <cough low cost to FCA/JEEP cough>

Sponsored

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Just to follow up again. I could not be happier with my Swap to the Falcon SP2! Jeep Drives so much better. The rear end doesn't feel like it wants to blow away on me on the Hwy and the ride is firm in a good way. No my bones aren't jarring or rattling away as some say the Falcons do to their jeeps. That is a major f'n exaggeration on their part. It has made a big difference on my daily commute and I would recommend these to anyone upgrading their stock stocks with zero lift or those who want to lift and pair them up with these shocks (be careful with spring rates tho, if you get them too stiff plus these shocks, I can see the ride becoming maybe a little to rigid)
Which length falcons did you get? For 2-3" lifts or 0-1.5"?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I must have low expectations or I'm an insensitive mofo or something because I thought the original Rubicon Fox shocks were great and the replacements that came in the 2" lift are the same or better.

I certainly wouldn't spend any significant amount of money to replace them for my purposes.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I must have low expectations or I'm an insensitive mofo or something because I thought the original Rubicon Fox shocks were great and the replacements that came in the 2" lift are the same or better.

I certainly wouldn't spend any significant amount of money to replace them for my purposes.
There are real questions about if/how the Mopar 2" lift shocks differ from the Rubicon shocks. We're likely never to know the difference if there is any. My guess is there's little-to-no-difference.

There's a thread on this very subject here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mopar-2”-fox-shocks-vs-rubicon-fox-shocks.21596/

And here's a post from that thread:

I spoke with the suspension guy from Jeep at Easter Jeep Safari this year......he stated that they are valved to identical values but are longer with a greater diameter on the suspension lift kit

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
There are real questions about if/how the Mopar 2" lift shocks differ from the Rubicon shocks. We're likely never to know the difference if there is any. My guess is there's little-to-no-difference.

There's a thread on this very subject here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mopar-2”-fox-shocks-vs-rubicon-fox-shocks.21596/

And here's a post from that thread:
I wouldn't expect there to be any significant difference, that lift is designed to retain original ride and handling characteristics.

There seems to be a pretty wide spectrum of experiences with the Gladiators and the way they drive and handle.

I have no complaints with mine in either department, before or after the lift. I did change the steering stabilizer to the Fox unit, not because it had driveablity issues, simply because I wanted it to match the shocks and it was a cheap "upgrade"

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which length falcons did you get? For 2-3" lifts or 0-1.5"?
I had to go with the 2-3 lift ones since they replaced the Fox mopar shocks that came with the 2” lift kit.

I sold the mopar fox shocks for $600 on eBay and got the falcons for $700 so I didn’t spend to much extra out of pocket for an amazing upgrade

Sponsored

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Any updates? Are you still happy with your switch?

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best thing I have done to my suspension. No more bouncy ride and handling is much improved

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect

I can tell you that I tried all three, and settled on Fox 2.0 performance set. I felt that was the best setup for what I was looking for, which is road handling, no bounciness, etc. Fox 2.0 is how rubicon should have come from the factory!

Falcons were solid quality shocks. However, little too stiff for my taste.

cdarnell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
Best thing I have done to my suspension. No more bouncy ride and handling is much improved
As you are using the Falcon SP2 2.1, are you happier using the Soft/Cold setting, or Firm/Performance setting for daily driving? I get off-road occasionally but spend most of my time on the pavement so I'm considering a Teraflex 2.5" spacer lift (mostly for looks) with the Falcon SP2 2.1's to firm up cornering, nose dive on braking. Thinking is the spacer lift will provide clearance for tires while maintaining a comfortable ride, with the shocks improving the handling. Based on comments on the forums, I'm concerned the full suspension lift will make day to day driving feel harsh due to the different spring rate. Thoughts?

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I've got the Mopar 2" currently and I feel like I bounce around too much. I see a set on FB for $500, but they're for the 0-1.5" lift, so I'd have to get shock extenders. Do you think this would provide a better on-road ride than what I currently have? My JT is a pavement queen, so I'd like to get the comfiest ride on the road as possible.
Sponsored