Sponsored

Swapping OEM led fog light to steel stubby bumper?

Laurie14793

First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Ordered from the dealer a steel stubby bumper and guard hoop (no end caps) for my 2020 Rubicon Gladiator. I currently have the plastic OEM led fog light bumper. I watched a ton of videos and looks like this is a easy swap. The dealer will be doing it. I wanted to retain my led’s which should snap in to work as this bumper comes with them. Is there any other parts needed to do this? Hate to just bring it home to sit in the box after buying it. Also any issues with the fog lights being so open with no closure to the elements on the back?
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Ordered from the dealer a steel stubby bumper and guard hoop (no end caps) for my 2020 Rubicon Gladiator. I currently have the plastic OEM led fog light bumper. I watched a ton of videos and looks like this is a easy swap. The dealer will be doing it. I wanted to retain my led’s which should snap in to work as this bumper comes with them. Is there any other parts needed to do this? Hate to just bring it home to sit in the box after buying it. Also any issues with the fog lights being so open with no closure to the elements on the back?
Should be an easy swap with no additional items required (especially if dealer is swapping it out.). No issues with open backend LED fogs. Changed mine over from the stock bumper to an after-market and they are on all the time. Trail tested!

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Swapped my LED foglights from a plastic bumper to a steel stubby. Is wasn't bad. The only challenge was that there's a lot of wiring running all through that bumper and it's all clipped in. Since I reused the wiring, it was a pain to carefully remove all that.
Sponsored