Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I hope this post doesn't pour gas on the fire, it is not the intention.

I have had my Gladiator for about a year and a half and supercharged most of that time. When I made the decision to go Hamburgers it was because of the driveability issues shared by owners of the Magnuson kit. Ever since the install I regretted not going with a PD supercharger. The Hamburger kit has been great for driveability and it screams up top but for my use, the torque profile is not ideal.

I recently contemplated a hemi swap but after reading @DAVECS1 posts and watching his progress, I decided to try the Magnuson. I get the kit in this week and will likely install in the next couple weeks.

I'll share my unbiased feedback of both kits from install to daily driving. My intent is not to put the two kits against each other but to help others make informed decisions for their use case.

I'll be selling my Hamburger kit once I get the swap complete for those who may be interested.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
The process begins! I am really impressed with the Magnuson kit, packaging and professional wiring and hoses! I hope to get the existing kit off today and Maggie installed tomorrow. :jk:
Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 20211218_142350

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 20211218_142309
Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 20211218_142444
Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 20211218_142409

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
I made some progress today. On track to finish tomorrow unless something pops up. I give the Magnuson instructions :like::like::like:. I'm glad I removed the FMIC, I was probably only 5k miles from wearing through the AC condenser. A cautionary tale for anyone who puts a heat exchanger in front of the condenser... be careful!

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 15.08.16

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 16.04.29

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 16.04.43

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 19.50.26

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 19.50.36

Jeep Gladiator Switching from Hamburgers to Magnuson 2021-12-18 19.50.44

Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
That sucks! For the price of both of them, you could have almost done a 5.7l Hemi swap.
All in, a 5.7 swap is more like 30k, a 6.4 is like 38k. I strongly considered a 6.4, but even DIY it would have been 30+ and the time commitment would have been too much.

I am pretty pumped about Dave's updated small pulley tune and maybe I end up pulling the 3.6 and building a motor. There is something special about boost but I don't need a Hellcat motor.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
All in, a 5.7 swap is more like 30k, a 6.4 is like 38k. I strongly considered a 6.4, but even DIY it would have been 30+ and the time commitment would have been too much.

I am pretty pumped about Dave's updated small pulley tune and maybe I end up pulling the 3.6 and building a motor. There is something special about boost but I don't need a Hellcat motor.
if you want a taste of hellcat goodness, ive got an extra InterChiller race system i can sell you at a good price that will cool your IC fluid with the AC.

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
if you want a taste of hellcat goodness, ive got an extra InterChiller race system i can sell you at a good price that will cool your IC fluid with the AC.
🤔

I bought a killer chiller this summer for my Audi S6 but canceled due to the ongoing delays. What is your experience been with the Gladiator? before and after?

The S6 is a hot v so temps can get very high at 30+psi....

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
🤔

I bought a killer chiller this summer for my Audi S6 but canceled due to the ongoing delays. What is your experience been with the Gladiator? before and after?

The S6 is a hot v so temps can get very high at 30+psi....
the delays on this kind of stuff is nuts.

i havent logged it. , but the iat drop on these systems is undeniable. This kit would work on the jeep or the S6. The kit ive got will put ice on your fluid lines.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

I thought you could do it for under $20k, but maybe I’m thinking of when I had my JK and/or doing it yourself.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Cool to see you started on the Maggie. You will dig it, especially with the small pulley. I have noticed as of late I need to add some warm up fuel. These 20 degree days make it a little chunky for a bit

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
✌

Dumbfounded -- and maybe I missed it. But, what exactly, are you doing with your driving that necessitates a different SC to your configuration?

I mean... if the stock JT wasn't sufficient, and yet you bought it... Then decided, you HAD to add a SC to get to your performance requirements. Then decided that wasn't quite enough, what unicorn are you chasing?