Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Professional Dork
To the OP,

I hate myself already for resurrecting this thread, and I doubly hate myself for the question I'm about to ask. However, I take comfort in the fact my dog will still love me no matter what. Anyway.....

Since you are one of the very few who has driving experience with 2 different superchargers, and you were brave enough to tell, I must ask you whether the value you get from the Magnuson for the way you drive is worth the difference in cost compared to the Hamburger (without the super dave tune)?

You mentioned that you enjoyed both, and I'm not at all asking for a definitive statement on the superiority of either. But, noticing the website listed prices of $6300 for the 'Burger and $7200 for the Magnuson, is the $900 difference in cost noticeable for you? Or, is the Dave tune the saving grace for the Magnuson?

I've saved my pennies and I'm about 2 months out from scheduling an install. You're writeup provides super valuable insight into real world experience with the 2 I'm specifically considering, so I'll say "Thanks!" to you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
To the OP,

I hate myself already for resurrecting this thread, and I doubly hate myself for the question I'm about to ask. However, I take comfort in the fact my dog will still love me no matter what. Anyway.....

Since you are one of the very few who has driving experience with 2 different superchargers, and you were brave enough to tell, I must ask you whether the value you get from the Magnuson for the way you drive is worth the difference in cost compared to the Hamburger (without the super dave tune)?

You mentioned that you enjoyed both, and I'm not at all asking for a definitive statement on the superiority of either. But, noticing the website listed prices of $6300 for the 'Burger and $7200 for the Magnuson, is the $900 difference in cost noticeable for you? Or, is the Dave tune the saving grace for the Magnuson?

I've saved my pennies and I'm about 2 months out from scheduling an install. You're writeup provides super valuable insight into real-world experience with the 2 I'm specifically considering, so I'll say "Thanks!" to you.
Don't hate yourself, it's a great question. I am not sure I would have pulled the trigger on the Magnuson kit had it not been for Dave's tune. His smaller pulley tune pushed me over the edge. I didn't run the stock Maggie tune and from my experience and from listening to others, I'd say the Burger is probably a smoother drive than the stock Maggie. The fuel mileage is a bit better with the Burger than the Maggie but the partial throttle boost is nice on the Maggie.

I do find the throttle is sharper and more sensitive with the Magnuson than I ever experienced with the Burger.

I was uncomfortably close to scheduling a Hemi swap when Dave posted the pulley update and I decided to go that route rather than another $20k for the 6.4L.

The Burger is a nice kit, I have no complaints. The centrifugal setup (Burger) results in a stock-like power curve and is definitely different from the positive displacement (Magnuson). I like that I don't have to run the engine out to get power, but part of that is because of how terrible the 3.6 sounds, superficial I know.

I am happy to talk this through and answer any questions you have, feel free to PM me. Shameless plug, I am selling my hamburger kit for a few thousand less than new. I will likely be driving through TN in a month and could even drop it off on my way to Daytona for Jeep Beach week.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Have you tried the throttle with the tune updates from last night 😁
Sponsored