Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
There are all these great resources for figuring out the invoice price, or calculating a starting cost, but isn't much info on taxes or titling and the like.

If you bought, what'd you pay for those extra costs. The $45k JT ended up being... how much?

I saw something online suggesting that in Colorado, there is a fixed % but also a max you'll pay. It's been a minute since I bought a new car, and the last time I did... I'll acknowledge I was ignorant and impulsive. I'm hoping to add a calculator to my Google Sheets version of the Excel sheet @RTDNECO made.
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
There are all these great resources for figuring out the invoice price, or calculating a starting cost, but isn't much info on taxes or titling and the like.

If you bought, what'd you pay for those extra costs. The $45k JT ended up being... how much?

I saw something online suggesting that in Colorado, there is a fixed % but also a max you'll pay. It's been a minute since I bought a new car, and the last time I did... I'll acknowledge I was ignorant and impulsive. I'm hoping to add a calculator to my Google Sheets version of the Excel sheet @RTDNECO made.
There's some reference info in this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/out-of-state-taxes-and-registration.15876/

The problem is taxes vary state to state, county to county and sometimes city by city. Would be pretty difficult to make a spreadsheet that accounts for every municipality's taxes.

Some of the taxes/fees get complicated. For instance in CO part of the tax is on the difference between purchase price and trade in vehicle value. So you'd need to account for that too to get an accurate tax estimate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
There's some reference info in this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/out-of-state-taxes-and-registration.15876/

The problem is taxes vary state to state, county to county and sometimes city by city. Would be pretty difficult to make a spreadsheet that accounts for every municipality's taxes.

Some of the taxes/fees get complicated. For instance in CO part of the tax is on the difference between purchase price and trade in vehicle value. So you'd need to account for that too to get an accurate tax estimate.
Well my plan would just be to put a field for each, with a link to find out what is applicable for you... for example, https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/colorado/sales-tax-vehicles will let you research your tax stuff for your state.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This can be difficult for the above stated reasons.

In Illinois:
Suburban Cook County: 8.25%
Chicago Cook County: 9.5%
Other Counties: Varies

Registration and Plates varies as well. Are you transferring or getting new? Do you want vanity plates? Are they truck plates or car plates? Are you disabled or elderly? There is an SUV fee, a truck fee etc..

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
This thread needs to be deleted before my wife sees it. I told her TT&L stood for tag tires and lift
Sponsored

Last edited: