First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I want to remove the Sport decal thats in the lower right corner of the tailgate.
Suppose a little heat is what works?
Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Applied heat helps (or a warm day with decal sitting in direct sunlight), but also a flat plastic edge (such as a credit card or a plastic spreader tool) coated with a little WD-40 or liquid lock lube. The lube helps dissolve the gummy adhesive, makes it easier to shave off the decal bit by bit. I wouldn't let the liquid lube sit too long on the clear coat in case it doesn't play well. Just make a few shaving passes, wipe it down dry, re-apply and keep going. It can be a slow process but that's what I've found to work for general de-badging. If you end up with light scuffs you should be able to polish them out.

The main trick I've found is to attack the badge by sliding a thin plastic hard-edge tool across it at a small angle (and repeating in small increments), rather than doing a brute force approach (digging directly towards/into the badge).

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored