Sponsored

Tailgate Pad that works!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
After using the 1UP hitch rack which wasn't ideal I finally installed the 2 bike Evo tail gate pad for everyday bike hauling. So far so good. I also like that I can still close the soft tonneau cover so bags and gear don't fly around. Back camera and handle are 100%. If I need to carry more pikes I can put the hitch back on and maybe get another one for the other side as well. This is so far my favorite. 1UP most convenient but I don't like hitch racks on trucks. Anyways hopefully this is helpful.

IMG_20200106_163608.jpg

IMG_20200106_162934__01__01.jpg
Sponsored

Marx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Launch Edition
Occupation
Education
After using the 1UP hitch rack which wasn't ideal I finally installed the 2 bike Evo tail gate pad for everyday bike hauling. So far so good. I also like that I can still close the soft tonneau cover so bags and gear don't fly around. Back camera and handle are 100%. If I need to carry more pikes I can put the hitch back on and maybe get another one for the other side as well. This is so far my favorite. 1UP most convenient but I don't like hitch racks on trucks. Anyways hopefully this is helpful.

IMG_20200106_163608.jpg

Hi, I noticed it said 2 bike tail gate pad, have you tried 2 bikes? I need to be able to put four bikes into the back and wonder if two of these would work instead of my hitch rack. Thanks!

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The space is no different than on a full size pad between those two. I'll put two on tomorrow and snag a pic. Getting two of these also crossed my mind as it keeps the camera free.

Gladiatorx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Colorado wt

IMG_20200106_163608.jpg

Where did you buy this, I can't even find it on evoc's website.

Edit: Never mind just found it. Here is a link if anyone else is interested.

https://www.evocusa.com/collections/bicycle-travel-bags-and-covers/products/tailgate-pad-duo

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

Sponsored

Gr8 N8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

IMG_20200106_163608.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I bought one. But, I find that though my bike is secure, it ends up leaning slightly to one side. Do you also have this issue, and if so a remedy? For reference my mtn bike is a '19 Scott Genius size Large w/ 27.5x2.8 tires. Thanks

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Thanks for sharing, I bought one. But, I find that though my bike is secure, it ends up leaning slightly to one side. Do you also have this issue, and if so a remedy? For reference my mtn bike is a '19 Scott Genius size Large w/ 27.5x2.8 tires. Thanks
Interesting. I put the rear wheel as close to the wheel well as possible and let is sit in the little gap that is in the bedliner. I find though since the tailgate is short some bikes sit better than others depending on the donwtube slope. I also find that rotating the wheel inwards is more stable so the bike "leans" more towards the wheel wells and stays stable

Gr8 N8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting. I put the rear wheel as close to the wheel well as possible and let is sit in the little gap that is in the bedliner. I find though since the tailgate is short some bikes sit better than others depending on the donwtube slope. I also find that rotating the wheel inwards is more stable so the bike "leans" more towards the wheel wells and stays stable
Thanks for the input, I'll give that a try.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
This is great info!! I have 2 questions about the DUO.
1) Does it actually work alright for 2 bikes? provide picture for reference if possible.
2) The reverse side of the pad (pad part up against tailgate) What kind of material is up against the paint? Are you worried about or does road grime/sand/dirt/salt get in between the pad and the tailgate and scratch?

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
This is great info!! I have 2 questions about the DUO.
1) Does it actually work alright for 2 bikes? provide picture for reference if possible.
2) The reverse side of the pad (pad part up against tailgate) What kind of material is up against the paint? Are you worried about or does road grime/sand/dirt/salt get in between the pad and the tailgate and scratch?
Works great for two bikes. I actually bought two of these and run four bikes on it. The back side is a soft material. It shouldn’t scratch unless you have a bunch of dirt on there already. i run a bungee across the bike to keep them from moving around too much.

Sponsored

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought one of these two months ago and love it. So much better than a bike rack...works fine for two bikes, and depending on your bike, you may want to turn the front in or out...sometimes it can cover up a sensor, but just about where the tire hangs.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVOC DUO with 4 MTB's
Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Pad that works! 244605BA-C70C-4327-9B4A-97A304ADABB8
Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Pad that works! 244605BA-C70C-4327-9B4A-97A304ADABB8
this is great!! thanks for the post! mine just arrived this week, cant wait to see how it works for me. My DUO is only for 2 bikes. Unless you have (2) 2 bike pads or the long EVOC option, how are you attaching the others? maybe show a picture at the tailgate rail and the inside of the bed too. Thanks again!

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running two of the evoc Duo pads - 1 on each side of tailgate:
Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Pad that works! 296100D7-53A4-45D4-93C6-B33B553D3102
PERFECT!!! Thank you, that make sense. looks great
Sponsored