Tailgate Pad that works!

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Trying to figure out a bike solution, do the forks and wheel/tires move around? Trying to not scuff up my bikes during transport.
Sponsored

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Trying to figure out a bike solution, do the forks and wheel/tires move around? Trying to not scuff up my bikes during transport.
I haven’t seen any movement. I run a bungee cord through the middle and loop the top bar. I haven’t seen any movement.

Gr8 N8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
A couple things now that I've used it for awhile. There is a seam on the lower left that causes some minor paint scratching. Also, your bike will get scuffed resting on the pad - I solved this by putting a piece of clear heli tape on the downtube where it transports on the pad. Otherwise, great pad.

dr.J_MTB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Just wanted to share my review on the Duo pad. I really think its tough to beat. I do feel like its a tight fit for 2 bikes and is hard to not have the second bike rub the truck.

mcoven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Try a small bunji cord on the two front wheels bringing them together and nothing will contact the truck. Zoom in on the photo below
Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Pad that works! 5240B2A7-ED68-419C-8B10-A1E03E07E6E7

Sponsored

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I think it also depends which bike you put on first. If you put the inside bike on first, it think it will minimize touching the tail gate because it will push the tire down when you put on the second bike.

dr.J_MTB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it also depends which bike you put on first. If you put the inside bike on first, it think it will minimize touching the tail gate because it will push the tire down when you put on the second bike.
I definitely think you're right. I just wanted folks to be aware that its not like a full-sized tailgate pad where each bike has ample room to not touch anything. The Duo really is the best Gladiator option at this point I believe. Love the low profile look of it as well.

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I definitely think you're right. I just wanted folks to be aware that its not like a full-sized tailgate pad where each bike has ample room to not touch anything. The Duo really is the best Gladiator option at this point I believe. Love the low profile look of it as well.
I liked the review. I have been very happy with. It was a great purchase. It’s also really easy to clean. I just hosed mine off and took a stiff brush to it and cleaned off all the dirt.

dr.J_MTB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try a small bunji cord on the two front wheels bringing them together and nothing will contact the truck. Zoom in on the photo below
5240B2A7-ED68-419C-8B10-A1E03E07E6E7.jpeg
I'll sure give it a try!

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
What are y’all using for Bike security While they are in the bed? Any specific brands or types? Got any pics for reference?

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Running two of the evoc Duo pads - 1 on each side of tailgate:
Looks awesome. Ordering some now.
The vain part of me will want to fold those in so JEEP is visible, lol.

ROD1MUS_NH

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator North Edition
this is great!! thanks for the post! mine just arrived this week, cant wait to see how it works for me. My DUO is only for 2 bikes. Unless you have (2) 2 bike pads or the long EVOC option, how are you attaching the others? maybe show a picture at the tailgate rail and the inside of the bed too. Thanks again!
i agree im interested inside the bed how you have it set up im afraid of movement and sctraching paint