Sponsored

Taking Moab/Ouray trip for the first time. Would like advice and comments.

fettman87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Small engine mechanic
I have a 2020 Jeep overland with Rockhard Rh-80508 skids, Rockhard Rh-90211 Bumper plus Winch and D ring shackles. No lift and have Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 32s. I will be going to Moab end of July this year and haven't been out there since 5 years old. So as this is the first time running any trails I would like to get opinions on the trails I'm looking at taking.
Day 1. Taking Potash trail to Long canyon and taking that to Dead Horse Point. From there we plan to head to Island in the sky and then take shafer trail to mussleman arch and back to Moab via Potash Trail.
Day 2.Head into arches for Gemini Bridges, Bull Canyon and Copper Ridge Then hike out to Delicate Arch for sunset photos.
The only trail I'm looking at taking that bothers me is imogene pass from talleuride to ouray. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've only ridden these trails and never drove them myself.
I would love to hear any feedback on if my Jeep will take these fine. I'm assuming yes as my dad did these in a 91 Suburban but I'd rather gather info instead of broken parts, disappointment and tears!
Sponsored

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Having done Imogen Pass, you’ll be fine... go have a blast! I was overdone on 37’s...
Jeep Gladiator Taking Moab/Ouray trip for the first time. Would like advice and comments. 75FD498C-1CEC-485C-B8A7-F09A23B1AAD8

OP
OP

fettman87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Small engine mechanic
Having done Imogen Pass, you’ll be fine... go have a blast! I was overdone on 37’s...
Jeep Gladiator Taking Moab/Ouray trip for the first time. Would like advice and comments. 75FD498C-1CEC-485C-B8A7-F09A23B1AAD8

We want to see the mining town areas and Imogene is top of the list. Will be taking it from talleuride to ouray. Only harder parts i saw was the down hill area after the top of the pass heading down north if I'm right. No lockers but low range and using gears I feel should be fine.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I think I used low range once and it’s only because of how I turned into the hill. The Alpine loop is a must in that area and you’ll get to see all the sights, just make sure to pay attention to the weather reports.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
You will have no issues. Just remember to take it slow ....have a great time.

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
You'll be fine on Imogene. Plan on being out at least 3 hours — July will be hot.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Run alpine loop clockwise; such that you are coming down Poughkeepsie gulch. Going up typically requires lockers. Even then, many need a winch/strap. But you have a winch, so go for it! There are man-made anchors you can hook to.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
If you are looking for a mild trail to land yourself close to Telluride I suggest Ophir Pass. Great views and easy wheeling.
Sponsored