Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
@Jaydebe

I hope you understand what Joe is saying in that email.. He is not saying do not unmarry and remove the Tazer JL Mini.. Joe's comments are spot on in that email... if the reader understands what he is saying ..

Joe is telling you that " There's nothing in the BCM that'll render the Jeep dead. " but he is also explaining what could happen if you do not unmarry.. Then also, you have to keep in mind the thing about not wanting the dealer and FCA knowing about the programmer.
Absolutely. My reply to Joe was, "Thanks for the quick reply and 411, And... I'll be more diligent in the future to remove my Tazer.
Sponsored

trackfast20

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Mine has Tazer mini is in the shop getting everything covered under warranty still. Prob. depends on service rep of the jeep place you take it. Just call ahead and find out (asking as though you don't have one of course). It shouldn't affect warranty if all you are using it for is tire size or gears.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Seven years of having a JK with a programmer and never removed it. There was a visible display for it on the dash. Dealer did not care. No problems at all. One time the SA told me they *might* need to de-program and remove it, but then didn't. They expected mods including a programmer. Zero squabbles about warranty work.

The JT is different, so I don't know how the technology could be different. I've had one dealer service and did unmarry because I had an issue that would definitely require a PCM reset. When I go in for services like an oil change, I will simply ask the SA if I should remove it or not.

4x4 rookie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Been to dealer twice for with tazer on , replaced steering box had no problems. thinking maybe they unplugged it then plugged it back in because I had to reset a couple of things. I have friends with tazers in and have not had any problems with dealers

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
There's nothing in the Tazer that affects basic mechanical operation such as changing engine power or transmission shifting. Those are the things that caused warranty issues in the past. Though even in my Ram 2500 diesel, running a 125 HP boost, the dealer didn't care and covered a trans failure. The guy in another thread linked from here who says "for sure voids the warranty" is full of shit. One of those people who doesn't understand warranties and the laws around them. If you use the Tazer to program a camera, and then a ball joint fails, they can't claim a related cause.

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Maybe this is a stupid question but when you install and marry the tazer then make whatever changes you want you have to do a reboot. So after you unmarry is a reboot required or just unmarry and take out
Sponsored