tazer and forward collision warning

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
just picked up the gladiator a couple weeks ago and had 35's put on earlier this week.

tazer came in last night and trying to install it now. i have married it and set up the tire size. in the marrying process, it triggers the forward collision alarm, rendering the truck useless. unmarrying it fixed the problem. searching the forum for issues with the forward collision warning, the one thread i found said to redo it. i have now gone through this cycle now 3 times and it did the same thing every time.

anyone else have this problem? i've texted the number on the website and haven't gotten an answer yet. for 350 after taxes im pretty pissed.

if its a firmware issue i might just return it out of spite. how do you ship something out the door needing to be updated?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did you update the Tazer Firmware to the latest version? That would be the first thing to try.

The Tazer Firmware is updated regularly to fix bugs and add features. Jeep will also make system changes with new model years that they have to adjust for.

OP
OP

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
This is the text I received for help. I did it and it seemed to work. Figured I would put it here for the next person who runs into the same issue

“Oh, if it gets stuck like that, you just wait a few minutes then try pressing run again every minute or so until it recovers. What’s going on there is the modules share a secret key after programming; it’s usually so fast you don’t notice, but sometimes it can take up to 5 minutes.”
Sponsored