First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
I've reached out to support but I had 2 instances in the last 2 days where the Jeep behaved unexpectedly.
1- Yesterday while scrolling through options with the Jeep in park and running, I hit left arrow and cruise down button (res minus) and the dash blinked rock crawl and the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed and my brakes locked and I could not get them to unlock. The manual states, release the buttons and the brakes will release, similar to line lock. The jeep would not move against the locked brakes. I changed gears, changed to park, powered down, opened the door, closed the door and waited for the dash to shut down. On restart the lights were still flashing and brakes still locked.
At this point I cleared the 2 DTC codes that were showing, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles of opening and closing door and repeating. Upon restarting again, the issue persisted. I went to the live menu and brake hold was OFF, I cycled it on, and back off and restarted the Jeep and it was fine. I drove around and it was fine. I left brake hold OFF which seems to mean the ANCHOR mode doesn't work either but so be it.

2- This morning while in line at the security checkpoint for work, holding light brake pressure creeping up to the gate, the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed, SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM, SERVICE START STOP all flashed and the brakes locked again. I ended up using 4hi and driving through them so I could pull over to the shoulder. I followed everything above and nothing would get them to release, even clearing codes and unmarrying the Tazer. I remarried it, ensured brake hold was still off, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles and restarted the Jeep. I only used enough brake pressure to get it in drive as they were still flashing and holding pressure. At this point I crept through the line using the parking brake to stop every time. At the wellness checkpoint I put it in neutral and set the parking brake. When I opened the door, alarms went off and it activated auto park. I cycled from neutral, to park, to drive, again, with the lightest pedal pressure that would release the shift interlock. As soon as I was able to move up to 10mph, all lights cleared.

I have an e-mail and a text into support but I'm not sure if I should unmarry and reconnect the oem module to ensure I can get home now or what to do as I haven't heard back yet.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm on Beta 3 FW currently.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
Follow up, I spoke with support and they found an issue on Beta 3 that would occasionally lock the abs module. Beta 5 or the latest full release doesn't have this line of code.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Also, when posting a problem, it helps to list your firmware version... which you eventually did. Had me worried there for a moment as I've also seen odd things, but I was not on a beta.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running BETA 5 and I had one instance where the 4WD Service light came on. Another instance where the Anti-Skid warning came on. I can't seem to recreate those instances so for now the Brake Hold feature is off.

RMV_Gator

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Aerospace
Experienced very similar set of circumstances to OP last night.
Not sure if you noted but the brake pedal also feels like it pulls itself to full depressed.
Running latest release 11.2.7. Reached out to Z-Automotive via email, but being the weekend, most likely won’t hear anything until next week.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Wow, seems like that could be a safety liability, why would they release something that could adversely affect the brakes like that?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Experienced very similar set of circumstances to OP last night.
Not sure if you noted but the brake pedal also feels like it pulls itself to full depressed.
Running latest release 11.2.7. Reached out to Z-Automotive via email, but being the weekend, most likely won’t hear anything until next week.
ummm, mine did the SAME thing last night.
Background:
unmarried and pulled off Super-Duper (2020 Rubicon LE 3.6) when traded in.
This last week, ran updates and plugged it in Super-Duper 2 (2021 Sport EcoD)
Took it out last night to top off tank for Roadtrip starting today.
When I first put in D, locked up, ABS and Brake light on.
I also would get the light show to turn on when setting cruise.
I pulled it, reran the update, turned all lightshow controls off and it seemed to fix.

I REALLY hope I don't have issues as I'm leaving on a 2000 mile roadtrip in 2 hours.

RMV_Gator

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Aerospace
I only experienced it after backing out of my garage or a parking spot at Costco and switching from reverse to drive. So all instances have been less than mph. Prevented me from pulling forward until I shut down engine and restarted vehicle. Its totally random in the fact that it only happen twice in the approx 20x that I pulled out of a parking spot yesterday. Mostly a bother but also in the back of my mind worries me that it will leave me stuck somewhere inconvenient.

RMV_Gator

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Aerospace
ummm, mine did the SAME thing last night.
Background:
unmarried and pulled off Super-Duper (2020 Rubicon LE 3.6) when traded in.
This last week, ran updates and plugged it in Super-Duper 2 (2021 Sport EcoD)
Took it out last night to top off tank for Roadtrip starting today.
When I first put in D, locked up, ABS and Brake light on.
I also would get the light show to turn on when setting cruise.
I pulled it, reran the update, turned all lightshow controls off and it seemed to fix.

I REALLY hope I don't have issues as I'm leaving on a 2000 mile roadtrip in 2 hours.
not to hold you up from your trip, but did you revert back to previous firmware?
I only just installed the Tazer for first time yesterday, so there’s also the concern that I inadvertently set something wrong.

Ray Howrad

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Tow Package
I've reached out to support but I had 2 instances in the last 2 days where the Jeep behaved unexpectedly.
1- Yesterday while scrolling through options with the Jeep in park and running, I hit left arrow and cruise down button (res minus) and the dash blinked rock crawl and the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed and my brakes locked and I could not get them to unlock. The manual states, release the buttons and the brakes will release, similar to line lock. The jeep would not move against the locked brakes. I changed gears, changed to park, powered down, opened the door, closed the door and waited for the dash to shut down. On restart the lights were still flashing and brakes still locked.
At this point I cleared the 2 DTC codes that were showing, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles of opening and closing door and repeating. Upon restarting again, the issue persisted. I went to the live menu and brake hold was OFF, I cycled it on, and back off and restarted the Jeep and it was fine. I drove around and it was fine. I left brake hold OFF which seems to mean the ANCHOR mode doesn't work either but so be it.

2- This morning while in line at the security checkpoint for work, holding light brake pressure creeping up to the gate, the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed, SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM, SERVICE START STOP all flashed and the brakes locked again. I ended up using 4hi and driving through them so I could pull over to the shoulder. I followed everything above and nothing would get them to release, even clearing codes and unmarrying the Tazer. I remarried it, ensured brake hold was still off, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles and restarted the Jeep. I only used enough brake pressure to get it in drive as they were still flashing and holding pressure. At this point I crept through the line using the parking brake to stop every time. At the wellness checkpoint I put it in neutral and set the parking brake. When I opened the door, alarms went off and it activated auto park. I cycled from neutral, to park, to drive, again, with the lightest pedal pressure that would release the shift interlock. As soon as I was able to move up to 10mph, all lights cleared.

I have an e-mail and a text into support but I'm not sure if I should unmarry and reconnect the oem module to ensure I can get home now or what to do as I haven't heard back yet.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm on Beta 3 FW currently.
I thought I had the same issue, but after reading the update instructions I think it's a function called Brake Hold. Weird at first, but now that I know what it is I starting to use and like it. Check it out: https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1127.pdf

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Not a glowing review of the Tazer Beta software. Yeesh.
Beta releases are testing releases. The whole idea of a beta software release (any release, not just Tazer) is to get the software into a large and more diversified real world test setting. It's not uncommon for there to be a whole series of beta releases until all the bugs are found and addressed. That version then becomes a public release. Anyone running a beta test of anything, software, hardware, whatever, should expect possible, possibly serious issues. Your payment for that is you get to try out new features before the general public, and help guide the way the product works.

It's completely unfair to ding a product based on a beta release.

Now, if it's a production release, that's different. But even a new wide production release can often turn up some combination of hardware variations and user inputs that none of the beta testers tried that causes a problem. Fortunately it's a software issue. Revert back to the last known working release and wait for the issue to be addressed.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I fully understand what a beta is, but they should probably have the collective knowledge of how to not trigger key safety systems like the brakes by now.

OP
OP

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
Since then I've stayed on stable release 5 and had another issue, the line lock feature threw the trans into auto park and it wouldn't come out until a power cycle. Auto park wouldn't have been an issue if the tires weren't spinning at the time. That's an unpleasant grinding I'd like to not repeat.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Beta releases are testing releases. The whole idea of a beta software release (any release, not just Tazer) is to get the software into a large and more diversified real world test setting. It's not uncommon for there to be a whole series of beta releases until all the bugs are found and addressed. That version then becomes a public release. Anyone running a beta test of anything, software, hardware, whatever, should expect possible, possibly serious issues. Your payment for that is you get to try out new features before the general public, and help guide the way the product works.

It's completely unfair to ding a product based on a beta release.

Now, if it's a production release, that's different. But even a new wide production release can often turn up some combination of hardware variations and user inputs that none of the beta testers tried that causes a problem. Fortunately it's a software issue. Revert back to the last known working release and wait for the issue to be addressed.
Ya, nice assumption, but no.
I'm not Beta Testing, and I DO know what Beta testing is.
I did update since I was putting it in my new Diesel.
and I'm NOT bashing a damn thing, I am a Tazer fan.
But I am/have experienced a similar problem as the OP.
Sponsored