First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
They confirmed this is a known issue. I think it's super sleazy of them not to have noted this clearly on the product pages. I may have made another choice. At this point I'm unsure on returning it, but leaning towards it because the features I really want don't seem to work as expected. For example, the autopark disable lets you open the door, but you have to have your butt firmly in the seat. If you lean out to look, which is the point of the door being open, CLACK! It locks. I haven't yet figured out how to make the sway bar stay unlocked until 30 MPH, though it may be me not understanding the docs. Not sure. It locks at 18 still. The camera on signal is great in the day; blinding at night since it goes to full daytime brightness.

I get that hacking is hard. It's just a bit of compromise and annoyance for not a huge gain so far.

Oh, the problems with Guardian are that vehicle data/status doesn't update. Sort of. I get alarms for things like low tire, but the data in the info screen is the old data. So then when I air up after wheeling, I still have a tire alarm, and get alerts, but the info screen shows the OLD pressure from before the Tazer was installed.

I've also had some unreliability with start and unlock, which may or may not be related to this.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
They confirmed this is a known issue. I think it's super sleazy of them not to have noted this clearly on the product pages. I may have made another choice. At this point I'm unsure on returning it, but leaning towards it because the features I really want don't seem to work as expected. For example, the autopark disable lets you open the door, but you have to have your butt firmly in the seat. If you lean out to look, which is the point of the door being open, CLACK! It locks. I haven't yet figured out how to make the sway bar stay unlocked until 30 MPH, though it may be me not understanding the docs. Not sure. It locks at 18 still. The camera on signal is great in the day; blinding at night since it goes to full daytime brightness.

I get that hacking is hard. It's just a bit of compromise and annoyance for not a huge gain so far.

Oh, the problems with Guardian are that vehicle data/status doesn't update. Sort of. I get alarms for things like low tire, but the data in the info screen is the old data. So then when I air up after wheeling, I still have a tire alarm, and get alerts, but the info screen shows the OLD pressure from before the Tazer was installed.

I've also had some unreliability with start and unlock, which may or may not be related to this.
I have the same issue with guardian, but just ignored it since I don't plan on keeping the service.

One thing I did find out the other day is they push a decent amount of updates to this. I was 6 versions behind and was missing the best feature yet. Disable license plate lights on reverse. That option was a game changer for me. I can actually use my backup cam now at night.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I do think I will like that feature. I had just downloaded it, but had removed the Tazer to see if that really was the cause of the Guardian issues.

What I most care about is remote start and lock/unlock. Well, it's all I care about. But I also don't want to have recurring warnings about problems I've fixed because the Tazer disables part of the communications.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Oh, and it's also ridiculously annoying that Z auto didn't warn people, so I spent close to two hours troubleshooting this. Wasted a ton of my time, and two peoples' time at Sirius, just because they wanted to hide this from buyers.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
For the sway bar disconnect in 2WD or at any speed, you have to do the following:

1. In "Run mode" map the "SwayKill" button to one of your "cruise control" buttons.
2. Switch to 4WD, push the "Swaykill", let it disconnect.
3. Switch to 2WD, push "Swaykill". Let it disconnect.
4. Note: You always have to be completely stopped to get "Swaykill" to work, but, now, you should be able to disconnect your sway bar and it will stay disconnected at any speed, even 2WD.

Hood Alarm is also cool.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Thanks, I don't care about having it disconnected in 2WD, so maybe that's why I didn't really get to those specific instructions. Will it stay disconnected if you then go into 4wd? Does it affect the cruise button at all?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, I don't care about having it disconnected in 2WD, so maybe that's why I didn't really get to those specific instructions. Will it stay disconnected if you then go into 4wd? Does it affect the cruise button at all?
You have to map the "SwayKill" button to a cruise control button get the capability for the swaybar disconnected in 4WD at any speed. This new "SwayKill" button is only enabled with the cruise control is off. When the cruise control is on, it works like a cruise control button. The truck also has to be stopped, or the "Swaykill" will say "disconnect", then, "connect" right after it -- defeating the command. If you are stopped, the "SwayKill" will say disconnect and then disconnect the swaybar.

Have you tried the "light show" yet ? that is also cool - "unlock", "unlock", "lock", "unlock", on your fob. then, "unlock" to go through the light shows.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had a single issue... The only gripe I really have is that the AutoPark disable doesn't actually disable the AutoPark feature entirely. Which is really damn irritating. I wish that on the next update they would find a way to completely disable it. Not everyone is dumb enough to run themselves over. And if someone is dumb enough, then let the Darwin Awards commence, and let natural selection run its course.

All my Guardian features work, my UConnect app works, everything else works. The signal camera at night is a bit blinding because of the location of the camera vs. the tag lights (that have to be on at night by law)...But if they could find a way to temporarily turn them off with the signal switch for the signal camera at night, that would be really cool. This is why they disabled the tag lights with the backup camera in the latest update for night time backing. It's 1000x better after the update disabling the tag lights upon reverse. You can actually see without a glare.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I do think I will like that feature. I had just downloaded it, but had removed the Tazer to see if that really was the cause of the Guardian issues.

What I most care about is remote start and lock/unlock. Well, it's all I care about. But I also don't want to have recurring warnings about problems I've fixed because the Tazer disables part of the communications.
It broke remote unlock for you? Whats strange is mine still worked last time I tested it. My Truck just doesn't report in data. until one day two weeks ago when it randomly did, then never did again.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
The list is in my original post.

It broke remote unlock for you?
Unlock and remote start have been unreliable. I don't know if it's because of the Tazer, or other issue. I mentioned that specifically because coincidenced with the install of the Tazer, but I can't say it's related for sure. The other issues are 100% of the time, known and they confirmed it. They said they will make a special cable to get around it, some day.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Unlock and remote start have been unreliable. I don't know if it's because of the Tazer, or other issue. I mentioned that specifically because coincidenced with the install of the Tazer, but I can't say it's related for sure. The other issues are 100% of the time, known and they confirmed it. They said they will make a special cable to get around it, some day.
Have you tried "unmarry", "marry", reboot, turn off, leave vehicle, repeat, etc.... This may address the "unreliable" functions.

You already installed the latest firmware, right ? That has to be done. The Tazer does not come with the latest firmware already installed.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Latest firmware, and normal troubleshooting done. They themselves told me this is a problem they know about, they know a way to make a cable to fix it, and don't know when they will have time to do so.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Latest firmware, and normal troubleshooting done. They themselves told me this is a problem they know about, they know a way to make a cable to fix it, and don't know when they will have time to do so.
Interesting, and shady they don't disclose this on order at all.

For me I had some reliability issues before the taser. I had always thought that it was just the bad ATT coverage for the longsest time.
Sponsored