Sponsored

Tazer lite problem with auto start

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 30519

I installed the tazer yesterday for my upcoming re-gear and now I'm getting an auto stop/start code and back up camera don't work. Funny part is I just dropped it off for an inspection (go figure) so I'm hoping it can still pass. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Have you tried unmarrying the Tazer and removing it? I'd do that first to see if you can isolate the issue. If it persists after removing the Tazer, you've got something else going on.

If it goes away by removing it then you can at least get the inspection completed without it and deal with the Tazer issue after.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Have you tried unmarrying the Tazer and removing it? I'd do that first to see if you can isolate the issue. If it persists after removing the Tazer, you've got something else going on.

If it goes away by removing it then you can at least get the inspection completed without it and deal with the Tazer issue after.

I couldn't even find the option to disable it the first time when setting up the tazer. Does anyone know where on the setting menu it is?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the tazer yesterday for my upcoming re-gear and now I'm getting an auto stop/start code and back up camera don't work. Funny part is I just dropped it off for an inspection (go figure) so I'm hoping it can still pass. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Make sure you follow the instructions to the T. This step is very important.

" Some settings require two sleep/wake cycles. The quickest way to do this is to turn the ignition off, leave the car, close the driver’s door and walk away with the key. Wait about 60 seconds AFTER the dash goes dark, then re-enter. Do this twice. "

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
And, don't forget to update the firmware on it. Even though it's new to you, it was probably made over a year ago.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Make sure you follow the instructions to the T. This step is very important.

" Some settings require two sleep/wake cycles. The quickest way to do this is to turn the ignition off, leave the car, close the driver’s door and walk away with the key. Wait about 60 seconds AFTER the dash goes dark, then re-enter. Do this twice. "
I think that was the issue. I only used the jeep two or three times since the install and yesterday it sat all day for an outdoor party I had. This morning I started it up and the back up camera in reverse works now and no auto stop/start service light.
Sponsored